Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2015 16:00

Alienware Aurora R4 Motherboard replacement

Hi and thanks for reading this in advance. Recently my Aurora has stopped working and the problem seems to be with the motherboard. I was looking for a replacement on dell but dell does not have any in stock and said they don't know when or if they will be receiving any. I was wondering if there were any motherboards outside of dell that had a high success rate of working with auroras. I was looking at the ASUS Rampage iv gene. I have an i-7 3820, 16 gb of ram, AMD radeon 7870. If you need more information let me know. Thanks again!   

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 6th, 2015 13:00

Unfortunately, we cannot recommend a third party motherboard to function with this system. However, it does seem like we may have some in stock. Please contact our sales department at 1-800-357-3355 so they can confirm this for you. 

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

May 6th, 2015 14:00

if you have questions, perhaps post in the thread below; maybe that guy will have advice over & above what he's already posted ... someone who's done that swap would be in best position to lend a hand:

Used stock R4 motherboards are normally found on eBay ...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=alienware&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sop=10&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xalienware+aurora+motherboard+r4.TRS0&_nkw=alienware+aurora+motherboard+r4&_sacat=0

No Events found!