Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2013 15:00

Alienware Aurora R4 not displaying bios.

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue I've never seen before.  I just recently bought a second 7870 (gigabyte and the original 7870 in crossfire) and installed it.  I removed the external sound card taking up the pci-e slot.  I booted up the machine, activated crossfire, played a few games and it's working great!  But, for some odd reason, when the computer boots, the monitor doesn't display the alienware boot screen, nor the windows loading screen.  The first screen that appears is the loading screen.  This has prohibited me from being able to see the bios screen.  Oddly enough, I press f2 when I know I'm supposed to, and I do believe the bios is entered.  My computer will sit there with a black screen.  I press esc then enter (knowing how to exit bios from memory) and the login screen appears a few seconds later.

This has only been an issue since I installed my new card, yet the card works perfectly after I log in.  I don't know whether the monitor is getting power in the beginning, etc etc.  That's why I am here. I'm trying to activate onboard sound in bios, but I can't see what I'm doing!  I really appreciate any input.

Specs:

Intel i7 3820 4.1ghz factory oc.  --  2x Radeon HD 7870 (one Gigabyte, one factory) -- 8gb ram --  Asus P248Q monitor --  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

835 Posts

April 19th, 2013 16:00

Hi itzthedish,

The Aurora R4 is set to work by default on the bottom video card, so if you installed a new video card, that might be the problem, make sure you connect the monitor to the bottom video card, check out this article:

My brand new Aurora shows no image on the screen

2 Posts

April 20th, 2013 09:00

Natalia, you are a hero.

No Events found!