Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Alienware Aurora R4 w/ Nvidia GTX660 limited to just one monitor, or else nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

Since receiving my Alienware Aurora R4 with a NV GTX660 video card two months ago, my computer has crashed at least once a day with the BSOD caused by "nvlddmkm.sys".  Since it's new I used Dell's Tech Support and was told to use only one monitor to avoid this problem.  I had been using dual monitors.  This is crazy, according to the specs the NV GTX660 card can run 4 monitors.  And in fact I had used it with 3 monitors for a few days while doing a demo for a customer (of course I was getting frequent BSOD with 3 monitors just as I do with 2 monitors). 

I've loaded the latest NV drivers, including another just last week--no change. I have 3 monitors on my desk for customer demos, and it sure would be nice to be able to use more than one without getting BSOD crashes.  I cannot believe I need to limit this new high end computer to one monitor as the Dell tech support recommends.  If that's really true, I want my old computer back.

I really need at least a dual monitor capability for what I do--and three monitors is very useful to me.  If anyone has any ideas on how to avoid the BSOD problem with multiple monitors, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 17th, 2012 12:00

bandjhughes

The best forum to post this in, is the Alienware Owners Club, I am moving the thread to it.

Bev.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 17th, 2012 13:00

bandjhughes,

What system bios is loaded?

158 Posts

October 17th, 2012 15:00

Collect the relevant info of that BSOD to have a better assistance. Check out this tutorial.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

No Events found!