Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2013 10:00

Alienware Aurora R4 won't boot

Yesterday morning I shut down my computer to install some windows updates (16 to be exact) and when I got up about 8 hours later it was on 11. So I went to work and came back home 12 hours later and my computer was off. So I figured it finished. Now when I press the power button the fans turn on, then idle down real low, the light on the side flash on for a millisecond(not even at full brightness) and turn off, and I have no connections to any USB, and my monitor just says "no signal". The white light on the power button remains on, the green light on the back by the power in, is solid green. When I open the hatch where you put a CD in those lights light up. I have no way to access the computers software. I tried removing power and holding down the power button to drain everything down, that didn't do anything. I tried putting in a CD that didn't work. It never beeps, no flashing light, just sits there spinning the fans, and the power light on. If anyone could give me an idea. HELPPP!

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

December 17th, 2013 22:00

Basic r4 Troubleshooting:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=473482&dgc=SM&cid=266889&lid=4880516

if it was my pc, I would've removed the onboard coin cell battery for 1-5 minutes to clear my bios settings, reinstall it, power up, see if my screen came on; if it did, I would enter bios, make sure ahci sata controller is enabled, then see if Windows boots.

If not, power down; remove all your memory cards. Power up. If your mthrbrd is still alive, it will beep in the presence of no memory ... a quiet mthrbrd without memory is a bad sign ...

try calling tech support  

12 Posts

December 17th, 2013 16:00

this happend to my R4 the fix was a new mobo call tech support

1 Message

May 22nd, 2014 18:00

Hey, thanks for the post!

I was having the problem as described, and I took my CMOS Battery out for a few minutes and booted up.  Now it works fine, and I don't have to call Dell tech support

Thank you so much!

No Events found!