Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2011 19:00

Alienware Aurora Spec Review?

Hi, I just ordered an Alienware Aurora for $1,594 and I was wondering if someone could give me a review of the specs that I picked out for it.

I'm mainly going to be doing video editing/gaming on it, so give me some input on how good the specs are suited for that.

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9 GHz

RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333 MHz

Chassis: Matte Stealth Black Chassis with 525W Multi-GPU Power Supply

Video Card: 1 GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6870

Hard Drive: 1 TB SATA 3 Gb/s (7,200 RPM) 32 MB Cache

Sound Card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

I was also wondering, what motherboard does the Aurora use? A bit of an afterthought, really, just curious.

Thanks! 

148 Posts

June 27th, 2011 12:00

IMO the 875 watt power supply would have been a better choice if you intend to do upgrades in the future (especially video card)

The rest looks solid.

2.4K Posts

June 27th, 2011 21:00

I agree with jd636. I would stay away from the 525w PSU if you can. It really prevents you from upgrading.

1 Message

September 14th, 2012 16:00

As the tech support suggest, the alienware desktop or laptop motherboards, not are a public main stream product line of main boards, so they are not classified with a known marketable name....although technically, what you buy is the motherboard produced, known as Aurora series, they still disclaim it because dell (alienware) does not sell the component separately...if you don't understand it, just remember, they are not an open market main board manufacturer, maybe cause they have thier board series exclusively produced for the dell alienware product(s) only....

No Events found!