Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2011 18:00

Alienware CC 2.6.11.0, A03

Just saw that today Dell released a new version of Alienware Command Center...Details below...doesn't say anything about AlienFX Events fixes, so I was wondering if anyone has installed it yet (or is planning to) so I can get some feedback on whether or not this release is worthwhile.

Command Center 2.6.11.0 for Desktop Release date: 2/17/2011

Installer
FIXED: Repair option launch MIO filter driver installer.

MIO Filter Driver
FIXED: Installation package install successfully in non-English languages.

Thermal Controls:
FIXED: A new profile is created if Thermal Configuration retrieved from MIO differs from what is supported in the existing profile.

159 Posts

March 11th, 2011 05:00

I installed it immediately with high hopes...NO LOVE for events on my rig....Area 51 ALX....sigh.....The wait goes on. The only items of note so far are: It asked me to install this device when I was installing the new CC software..... When clicking icons on toolbar to access AlienFX or thermal controls I get an Alienhead icon....sigh.... My media player plug-in still works fine as in the previous version....

57 Posts

March 11th, 2011 12:00

Figures. Thx for the feedback tho'...

12 Posts

March 11th, 2011 13:00

Good evening to all ...
21:36 in Rome are the ...
I installed the new command center.
to me it works fine.
Now the wings are opened and closed depending on the temperature,
the measured temperatures appear to be correct, for now.
even after 2 hours of play online with 2 crysis demo on steam,
my pc detects the right temperature.
will update later.

159 Posts

March 11th, 2011 14:00

Glad to hear this version works for you Maurocolo, but I think most of those items were working for most owners since the last update. Most that are still having problems are having problems with "events" not responding to color changes. Try setting up an event and see if it responds....

12 Posts

March 11th, 2011 22:00

tried.
work.
before installing this update I installed NETFramework 4.0 from Microsoft, then installed the update.
Only now the problem of the alien head that when I turn off the pc changes color as if he went into hibernation, it is gone .....

159 Posts

March 17th, 2011 13:00

Just saw that today Dell released a new version of Alienware Command Center...Details below...doesn't say anything about AlienFX Events fixes, so I was wondering if anyone has installed it yet (or is planning to) so I can get some feedback on whether or not this release is worthwhile.

Interesting item of note...I happened to listen to a music MP3 on windows media player. As the music played my Alienware Area 51 ALX started changing colors in time with the music - as usual and without a problem as it has done in the past...But, one thing I noticed is that UNTIL a computer restart my EVENTS worked, even after closing media player for a considerable time. This is different than "Go Dark" then "Go Light" as Events would only work for a very limited time frame.....I wonder if the media player plug-in is the problem (or the solution) with the AlienFX events....

29 Posts

March 24th, 2011 18:00

I don't see it there anymore?

Did they remove it or another update is on the way?

57 Posts

March 24th, 2011 19:00

Wow. They sure did remove it.

Haha!

159 Posts

March 25th, 2011 05:00

I noticed that last night as well......I wonder what's coming....

29 Posts

March 25th, 2011 21:00

I noticed that last night as well......I wonder what's coming....

The unexpected! new bugs and error that will ruin the CC! lol...but seriously, I hope an update with less buggy CC!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 25th, 2011 22:00

I'm running it.

Seems to work fine for me, but my requirements are limited.

No Events found!