Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 5th, 2010 20:00

Alienware Commnad Center for XPS 730 / 730x

Is it at all possible that a profile could be build so that the Alienware Command Center could recognize the XPS 730/730x? I would really love the ability to enable the advanced features that the Command Center offers mainly the extra actions with LightFX/AlienFx.

If that can't be preformed, is there any way to add the advanced actions in the existing AlienFX Lite program that was built for the 730, 730x and 630?

I would love, love, LOVE to be able to enable the 'pulsing' lights action on my rig. :)

Thank you for your time,

Dan 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 6th, 2010 15:00

No and No. Engineering will not go there.

14 Posts

February 10th, 2010 20:00

Well that is too bad. It seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to implement the features to the light version. Both programs are there I would just think they would need to be combined. I guess I will Google up some programming skills and see what I can do…

Thank you

5 Posts

October 9th, 2011 10:00

sad and sad.  Engineering will not go there - many reasons I stopped purchasing Dell products.

322 Posts

October 9th, 2011 11:00

But you are talking computers that are 4 years old.  Why should Dell spend thousands to redo the software to use on a 4 year old computer?  Yes they could but who would pay the price.  We the customers would pay and for only maybe a hand full of people who would care.

176 Posts

October 9th, 2011 13:00

You can get the dancing lights when you play music. Do a search for Alienware Alien FX Media plug-in for windows media player. I installed this on my old XPS 730 and it worked like a charm and my brother has that computer now and it still works. At one time it was a dell download but I don't know if it is still there.

Pat

322 Posts

October 9th, 2011 15:00

Mine came with a program called quickset I believe it was called that gave me control over the lights and also let it work with aftermarket music programs.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2011 18:00

I purchased my XPS 730x when it first came out - 2008, that's not 4 years.  However I did have a Dell GEN 3, GEN 4, XPS 710, XPS 730 and now 730x - all fantastic machines.  I learned to upgrade my systems through a very good friend, much cheaper than puchasing an entire new system.

Also, it doesn't take thousands of dollars to do a simple patch so that Alienware FX can run on Windows 7.  I know there will come a time when a company will just stop servicing a product, but not this early. 

I still enjoy my Dell XPS 730x and will continue to use it until it dies but I will not purchase another Dell just to run into this sorta problem when it comes to upgrading.  It will be best for me to build my own computer and upgrade at will.

190 Posts

April 15th, 2013 22:00

AW CC will work on XPS 730 X. I installed my AW keyboard and mouse, downloaded drivers for them and it installed a copy of CC . The software shows the XPS 730 and kb, mouse and allows edit of colors.

2.4K Posts

April 16th, 2013 05:00

I purchased my XPS 730x when it first came out - 2008, that's not 4 years.  However I did have a Dell GEN 3, GEN 4, XPS 710, XPS 730 and now 730x - all fantastic machines.  I learned to upgrade my systems through a very good friend, much cheaper than puchasing an entire new system.

Also, it doesn't take thousands of dollars to do a simple patch so that Alienware FX can run on Windows 7.  I know there will come a time when a company will just stop servicing a product, but not this early. 

I still enjoy my Dell XPS 730x and will continue to use it until it dies but I will not purchase another Dell just to run into this sorta problem when it comes to upgrading.  It will be best for me to build my own computer and upgrade at will.

I had/have the XPS 420, 600, 700, 720 H2C, 730 H2C and the 730x H2C.  Loved them all. On the 730 and 730x I had the X-window and added custom lighting to it. I put a couple sound activated cold cathode lights along with a bunch of LEDs in it. Looked really cool and with the outside lights it was like a disco when playing music.

No Events found!