Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2011 00:00

Alienware Laptop M15x Windows Experience Index Rating of 3.4??? Can't play games.

I bought the Alienware Laptop M15x around last march or so.  Seemed to be working great I don't remember any problems.  In the last few weeks it seemed to get slower and slower.  Had problems with Startcraft 2 and COD black ops.  Started messing around and found out I couldn't complete a windows update and my virus scan wasn't working either.  Tried a system restore and it failed and made things worse.  So I just did the Alien Respawn.  Start from new.  Has to work right?  Maybe I just dind't know and the computer sucks but I'm thinking that's not it.. However, when I run the assessment you find under performance information and tools I get a rating of 3.4.  The processor is what is getting the score of 3.4.  After formating the only thing I installed on the laptop was "Starcraft 2" and "Steam".  Downloading "The Shield Deluxe 2011" now.  I doubt it will find anything though.  I'm at a loss at what to do now.  Here are my specs and ratings.

Processor :  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz   Score 3.4

Memory (RAM) :  6.00 GB  Score 7.0

Graphics :  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850  Score 7.2

Gaming graphics :  3834 MB Total Available graphics memory  Score 7.2

Primary hard disk  :  410GB Free (415GB Total)  Score 5.9

Thanks.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 14th, 2011 01:00

Be sure ...

-  You are not in Stealth Mode.

- AC Adapter is connected.

- Power Profile is set to high performance.

No Events found!