Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2016 15:00

Alienware M11x Performance Issues

Hi Alienware Community,

I've been having some serious issues with my computer speed in the last 2 months. It's speed has been so far reduced that I've started to use my 10 year old computer instead. It was running faster than it had ever been 8 months ago when I replaced the hard drive and quadrupled the ram from 4-16. It recently started saying plugged in not charging. I have eset antivirus so I doubt it's a virus problem. Any advice will help.

Thanks, AlienBeware

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Check which BIOS version your system is running and flash it to the newest version if you have a previous version, click here for the latest BIOS version (this BIOS is for the M11X R1). Try running an ePSA/Diagnostics test on the system. Click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test, let us know if you receive any errors. 

January 9th, 2016 14:00

My BIOS seems to be up to date, do you have any other suggestions? You said it may not be working, is that different than not being up to date?

757 Posts

January 11th, 2016 08:00

Is this the same computer you have reinstalled W7?

If so you may not have installed all the drivers correctly.

If not, you need to tell us what windows version you have, type of drive you installed and how you migrated any data to it What type of RAM and when you increased the ram amount did you add to the four G you had or buy all new 16 G memory?

Provide some specific details before some one can offer any help.

No Events found!