Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2014 00:00

Alienware M14x - Laptop Charger cutting out when playing games

This only occurs when I play games, but after a while of playing the game the charger will cut out.  I have noticed it being very hot during gaming (the charger itself) and think this may be the issue.  The only way I have been countering this issue is be turning the power off and on at the wall outlet, turning it on for a short while before it will cut out again.

This doesn't happen while watching videos, only high performance applications like gaming.

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

March 19th, 2014 10:00

You might try getting the next larger power charger from Dell if they have one for your model. You could also replace the charger; first thing to do if still under warranty.

1.8K Posts

March 19th, 2014 11:00

Hello

When you experience this issue, does the light on the AC adapter start flickering or fading out? Do you get any error messages saying you have the wrong AC adapter, or that it's "Plugged in but not Charging"?

8 Posts

March 19th, 2014 15:00

Hello

When you experience this issue, does the light on the AC adapter start flickering or fading out? Do you get any error messages saying you have the wrong AC adapter, or that it's "Plugged in but not Charging"?

it fades out, but never turns back on unless i manually turn the power off and on. 

1.8K Posts

March 20th, 2014 17:00

It seems the problem is in fact the AC adapter. Send me a personal message with your Service Tag so I can review your case. 

No Events found!