Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2014 10:00

Alienware M14x R2 Laptop Mouse Left Click Problem

Hi everyone,

I've had this problem since I purchased the laptop since last year, and it hasn't been a large problem but it seems to be coming up every now and then.  I tried searching for the problem but could never find answers on forums that really addressed it.

Sometimes when I left click my mouse, my laptop will read it as I typed the C key on the keyboard.  This is bad when I'm working in apps like Adobe Illustrator and when I'm playing games on my laptop for example.  It interrupts my work cycle and usually makes me perform actions I don't want to do.  I am unsure how or why this would happen.  I tried using a friend's mouse and the same thing happened, so I believe it might be a hardware problem.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it is starting to get annoying and hope I could get an answer soon.

Thank you for your help (if you see this!)

February 27th, 2014 07:00

Have you tried an AlienRespawn?

5 Posts

February 27th, 2014 08:00

Yes, that was my original thought too!  But I checked the mouse settings, tried someone else's mouse, but I'm not sure what?  Is an AlienRespawn the only way?

It must be a setting that's interfering with this. 

5 Posts

I haven't tried an AlienRespawn because I'm not so sure this is a hard drive problem but a setting I'm not able to access.  But if that seems to be the only way to solve the problem then perhaps it is worth a try.

February 28th, 2014 12:00

I recommend using AlienRespawn to restore to factory default settings. This way you'll override what's interfering with the mouse settings. You can follow the steps on the link. Let me know how it goes.

5 Posts

March 11th, 2014 17:00

So I managed to back up my documents and files to do a system restore, but when I loaded up the system again, my computer still reads a mouse click as if I typed the C key as well.  Still unsure if that was a default setting or there is a way I can change it.

77 Posts

March 11th, 2014 22:00

Are you using a Autohotkey programs in your game?

If not, maybe this site can help: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c02989a2-3925-4745-8f8f-0a3a9d901604/doubleclick-with-left-mouse-button-is-frequently-sending-a-letter-c-to-my-applications

5 Posts

March 17th, 2014 07:00

I'm actually not using auto hotkeys for my games - I never really saw much of a point, and since it leaks on to my other applications, I don't think it's a game problem.

Other solutions mention it's a keyboard problem or Bing Desktop, but I don't seem to be able to fix the keyboard and I don't have Bing Desktop.  That website you listed definitely has the right problem though.

1.8K Posts

March 19th, 2014 14:00

Hi!

Can you please clarify, does the problem stop when you connect an external USB keyboard?

Also, try to boot the computer on Safe Mode and check if the issue persists there. Let me know the results!

1 Message

March 27th, 2015 00:00

I have the same problem too! have you solved our yet? im looking for a solution as well

No Events found!