Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2015 16:00

Alienware M14x R2 - Plugged in, Not Charging

Hey guys,

My laptop battery has been charging on and off for the past year. I tried fixing the problem by buying a new battery, however that didn't work. So then I tried buying a new charger, which of course, didn't work. I've taken it to my school's laptop repair station and they just told me to do what I had already did. So does anyone know the solution problem?

Thank you all for your time and response.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 08:00

Hi, 

If you have more than 10% battery power left, you could try doing a Bios update. Click here for the latest Bios firmware version. Also, try doing a power drain (turn off computer, disconnect AC adapter and all external devices, remove battery, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds). Let us know how it goes. 

4 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 19:00

Should I still install that Bios if Windows 10 is my OS?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 11:00

Hi, 

Yes, you can still flash the Bios. Bios access and configuration on PC systems is independent of any operating system because the Bios is part of the motherboard hardware.

4 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 18:00

I do not have more than 10% battery power left, but my laptop functions as long as it's plugged in. I have tried the power drain multiple times and it has not worked. What do you suggest I do now?

No Events found!