Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2014 13:00

Alienware M14x R2 Replacement

So I've had a pretty bad day today. I woke up sick and missed my morning class and had to get ready to do 4 essay for my night class, which I still have to do. Then my wonderful lovely dog accidentally stepped on my open computer. Needless to say It broke, but not that bad, because I am typing on it at this moment.

The problem I'm having is that the hinge snapped, and because it snapped it is pushing against the plastic of the screen. I know that I ran out of warranty but I need this computer for School so I was willing to buy the parts and replacement out of pocket. Now her comes the kicker, no one seems to have this part.

Because it was the hinges that broke the whole LCD top of my laptop needs to be replaced, but literally none has the part. I called Dell, I've called geek Squad I've called ztronics, I've called local repair shops. I don't know what to do! I don't have the 2000 dollars to replace this computer, and this computer isn't even that old.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, because right now I feel like I'm at a dead end

77 Posts

February 27th, 2014 21:00

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xalienware+lcd&_nkw=alienware+lcd&_sacat=0&_from=R40

77 Posts

February 27th, 2014 21:00

try to check ebay or amazon if there is available whole lcd top for alienware.

No Events found!