Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2014 16:00

Alienware M14x R2 not starting at all

When I hit the power on button, nothing will turn on. All i hear is a sort of startup sound from the inner parts, then a click, then nothing. I assume this is to do with something failing on startup?  It seems to be coming from the disc drive region but I can't eject the disc because I need to be in Windows for that. 

Nothing pops up on my screen and there is no light on the power on button. 

8 Posts

June 15th, 2014 16:00

Update: Managed to get the disc out, didnt solve anything. 

Forgot to mention that this has happened twice before, once a while ago and yesterday morning. Both of the times they fixed themselves. Yesterday i kind of hit my computer a little and it started working (lol.  But yeah i'm probably going to need a technician so I am going to call dell support ASAP

Also now the disc drive makes a reading sound on startup, however no disc is present in the machine.

1.8K Posts

June 16th, 2014 14:00

Hi Charrd!

Follow the troubleshooting steps in this video for No Power. If issue persists and you haven't called Technical Support yet, send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information so I can assist you further. 

8 Posts

June 17th, 2014 08:00

Just a quick update, I contacted Dell support and they believed it was a BIOS issue, and updated the BIOS. So far I have deduced that my computer won't turn on amywhere from 12am-11amwhich is odd, but will see if it is resolved tomorrow. 

But since it was a startup issue, I'm 90% sure this SHOULD fix it :)

1.8K Posts

June 18th, 2014 20:00

Alright! If you need further assistance let me know.

No Events found!