Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2013 03:00

Alienware M17X R3 - ]nothing but trouble

Had my machine for a year now...

Getting random lockups...no bluscreen, no blackscreen, everything just hangs and locks up, I have to hard reset everytime. Happens even when I´m in the bios setup screen. Just randomly happens.

When I do get it to run, during games I have regular and frequent fps drops... games seem to run in slomo....

I run WIN8, all driver sup to date, latest bios installed.

Any help appreciated, because I am on the  verge of selling it and never buying alienware again!

23 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 09:00

1. I CANNOT speak in any way shape or form FOR DELL or their ALIENWARE line. I run Win 7 Pro 64 bit in all my rigs and experience NO issues. MAYBE when Win 8.1 comes out in October (free from MS) your problems will be solved ?!?!?
  2. I bought Win 8 64 but when it came out and do NOT use it. I have  tri boot tower; XP PRO 64 bit; Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Win 8.
  3. MAYBE you could consider a downgrade to win 7 pro to fix the issues? This is JUST a shot  in the dark. A personal GUESS!!!
  4. I am JUST trying to offer suggestions; I am sure there are others far smarter than me here.

901 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 10:00

Have you checked your graphics card and CPU temps?

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 13:00

Thx for taking the time to reply to both!

reinstalled all gfx drivers and the slomo problem is gone...

i do however keep getting lock ups without blue screen all the time. Sometimes after 2 minutes of use sometimes fater half an hour.

the computer just locks up, no blue screen, it just goes blkack, the sounds stutters for  2 seconds, and then it just freezes.

23 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 17:00

hmmm; I wonder if it has anything to do with the cooling ability or inability of the system fan?!?!?

No Events found!