Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

1 Rookie

• 

278 Posts

July 20th, 2012 13:00

Alienware M17x R4 periodic click/scratch type sound omitting from it

My Alienware is coming up to two months old, since day one its made a brief click/scratchy type sound at some points. It is not constant and only happens on occasion. It also seems to be random when it happens as I couldn't get to reproduce itself on demand. The sound is hard to describe as at first I thought it was the hard drive, but if I'm reading the documentation right the hard drive position is not in the area the noise seems to be coming from, plus it doesn't sound like your average hard drive clicking.

The noise comes from the right hand side (Number keypad) around the ODD bay area.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If its normal then its cool, just want to know really. I recorded the audio of the sound. The first part of the video is mouse clicks from me, it is at end when the sound I am referring to reveals itself. Its marked in the video to avoid confusion.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjIKEwQUzgs&feature=youtu.be]

The noise sound is at 0:11

1 Rookie

• 

278 Posts

July 20th, 2012 14:00

I uploaded audio of what Im describing, hopefully someone can enlighten me.

2.4K Posts

July 20th, 2012 23:00

Sounds like a mouse click. Weird. I'm stumped. Can you feel it if you put your hand on the laptop?

1 Rookie

• 

278 Posts

July 21st, 2012 02:00

No not really. I put my palm on the right side and felt nothing, it is actually quite a faint sound.

No Events found!