Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2016 04:00

Alienware M18x R2 got BSOD. Cant enter window or safe mode (have used Alienrespawn but still BSOD)

Hi, I just got my M18x R2 (using Window 7 64bit Ult) back from a local repair shop, they fixed the VGA adapter and the screen is back normally. When I got it back I put the HDD back in my laptop which I had took it out before I take it to the shop. When I boot my computer, it started normally until it went to the window startup screen and got BSOD. It then reboot, I then used the window startup repaired but it didnot work.

SoI reboot and press F8 key to enter the "advance boot->repair your computer" then I choose the Alienrespawn option (like this vid: youtu.be/wOGBMxtyet8 ), after I backed up my files to an external hard drive I then chose to restore with factory image, after it 100% complete, I clicked finish and it reboot, but the lap still got the BSOD? It did bring my computer back to factory state but the problem is still there? I even tried it 2 times after that but it was useless, still BSOD.

So how do I solve this problem?

+Addition:

In the "advance boot->repair your computer" I did open the command prompt and I type: DISKPART -> LIST VOLUME. And the weird thing is: I have only one 750GB HDD and before I did the respawn to factory state, there were 3 partitions: C: (Window OS Drive and RECOVERY), G: MyPartition1, F: MyPartition2.

Now:

Ltr                     Label                   Type       
C DVD ROM
C RECOVERY Partition
F OS Partition
D MyPartition1 Partition
E MyPartition2

Partition

I dont know why the respawn turn the C: OS into DVD ROM and then F become my OS drive? Also MyPartition1 and MyPartition2 drive letter was changed too? Is it because that C: is changing into DVD ROM that my computer cant boot? Do I need to change the boot letter to F? I dont have much experience in BIOS, boot and I am extremely confused right now. Please help.

+Addition 2:

My BSOD code is: STOP: 0x0000007B. Just google and it says hard disk error. Anyone has any ideas?

11 Posts

January 18th, 2016 02:00

Update: Ok, so I plug my Window 7 Ult disc in (the disc which come with the lap) and perform a clean reinstall. My M18x R2 was able to to enter window for now, but are there anyway to go back to factory image now? Because I dont see the Alienrespawn in the "Repair my computer" after I press the F8 key, but the RECOVERY parition is still there. So how do i solve this?

No Events found!