Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2016 10:00

Alienware MX11 R3 Hinge Issue

Hello,

My hinge for my Alienware MX11 is finally toast. What is the best coarse of action to take to fix this issue?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 19th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

You'll need to replace the LCD assembly. We'll recommend you to look for the part online and take the system to a local shop for them to do the repair. Dell doesn't have parts for this system anymore.

327 Posts

December 19th, 2016 15:00

i repaired hinges before on a m14x r1 and a dell inspiron 7000 ... i could help you if you show me the  condition of the machine ... i used Penetrating lubricant and epoxy resin

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 19th, 2016 16:00

Hello,

My hinge for my Alienware MX11 is finally toast. What is the best coarse of action to take to fix this issue?

Replace the broken plastic parts and keep all the existing expensive parts like LCD-Panel. Like Judal says, if not broken themselves, hinges might just need some lube if they are just too stiff (or un-available).

If you don't mind an "industrial look" or "alien space-craft look" install some new bolts and re-enforcement plates that show on outside.

I've seen some HPs crack apart like this also, but at least they sell the cheap parts to fix them.

No Events found!