Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2012 20:00

Alienware Nvidia = £2350 down the drain?

Having the exact same issue, BSOD every time I'm on crysis 2, dota 2 running 3DMark11. It's impossible to do anything on a £2350 computer.

First of all I am unhappy at being told 'It's not us it's nvidia' by the alienware support team well it is you because your selling computers where the software isn't compatible or so unstable the pc is worthless anyway in it's current state why would you buy a pc of this scale if it wasn't for extreme media or gaming?

I spoke with an nvidia troubleshooter technical support I shall post our conversation.

<ADMIN NOTE: Non-public info removed as per TOU>

So to conclude, I tried all combinations from dell and nvidia drivers and I have installed them correctly the issue is none stop and recurring in games and now in desktop.

I spent 8am-6pm working for my job, came home to fix this till now 3:06am and i'm back in work at 7am.  

Alienware support is blamming Nvidia saying my pc is normal and it's just driver's well don't advertise computers that in the current state are utterly useless? Nvidia is blamming faulty hardware.

I do believe I have been very polite and well mannered speaking to alienware reps and nvidia, but you will have to excuse me if I seem a little angry, most people don't have £2350 to waste certainly not me.

I don't think it's wrong to know what is going on with Alienware and dell at this time. 

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19448996.aspx?PageIndex=1 the issue I am referring to.

133 Posts

June 14th, 2012 00:00

Simple solution, ask for return and full refund and build your own PC :)

I got the x51, i am so lucky i didnt have any major issues because allot of people also got allot of BSOD, crashes with the nvidia GTX 555.

Other solution is to ebay off your current cards and purchase a new card such as a gtx 670, 680 or amd, 7950 etc etc

Waiting for dell to fix it is very stressful and time consuming, with such a premium price it really is dissapointing.

72 Posts

June 14th, 2012 10:00

I had the same problems with my gtx460 read all the problems with thier drivers so I switched to a HD7870 and thats been about a week ago and have had no problems and system runs the way i expected it too.

Just a thought.

No Events found!