Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 16:00

Alienware OptX AW2310 Monitor Delay

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post about this.

I ordered this on the 18th of Jan, received a delivery estimate of 25th of Jan, then never received the item. Have since been on the phone to dell customer support, and every time I rang, I get told different information. I finally got hold of the Manager, Hazel 2 weeks ago, and was told there was a certain part missing out of stock, that once it comes back in, they would assemble my monitor and send it to me, but she had no idea when it would come in. It has now been over a month and have had no update, tried contacting customer support again but not getting anywhere. Can anyone from dell let me know what is going on??

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 19th, 2010 06:00

I responded to this same question here.

4 Posts

February 19th, 2010 07:00

Thanks for the response. Order status finally updated today, still doesn't have a estimated time but it has jumped from "Manufacturing build complete", that it has been on since Jan 18th to "With Local Carrier" !! Feel like jumping up and down and dancing at the moment, hopefully get it next week.

3 Posts

March 19th, 2010 16:00

Judicas, have you received your monitor yet? I'm getting really frustrated with Dell order support's lack of knowledge. I ordered this monitor Feb. 25th and was scheduled to ship out on March 2nd but FedEx never received the package. I then called Dell and they said someone either stole it or the shipment was lost and issued me a new order on March 3rd. The new order was supposed to ship out March 15th but according to FedEx AGAIN, they have not received the package. I call in 15 minutes ago and the order support person told me it was "shipped out" yet they had "component shortages"...

4 Posts

March 19th, 2010 18:00

Hey. Yes I received mine on Mon 22nd Feb. However even then it wasn't easy. When I woke up at 9am, there was a note by front door saying they had tried to deliver the monitor but I wasn't home. So I then rang the delivery company and they said it would be redelivered today. Hours and hours later I rang them back up and they said they couldn't find the monitor and so I wouldn't get it that day. I of course went ballistic at them, and they gave me the number of the dell representative here in New Zealand. After hearing what I had to say to him, he went and found the parcel within 30 minutes, as I wasn't exactly in a happy mood. He then made sure I got it around 4-5pm. I also got a letter in the mail a few days ago from dell apologising for the delay.

In all my phone calls to the dell customer support team, never once could they really tell me anything, not even the Manager so... unfortunately ringing them up doesn't help much.

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 12:00

For those who stumble upon this thread, it seems like you need to plan for a month lead time when ordering this monitor.

I called in yesterday and they had to reissue me another order number (this is the 2nd replacement order number). Called in just a few minutes ago and according to the representative, this order is "in process and may take up to 8 business days to ship"...

Tempted to place another order to see what happens...

No Events found!