Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2015 11:00

Alienware PSU Replacement

Hey guys, I bought a Alienware Aurora R4 back in Early 2012 and the PSU is on it's last legs, it is having problems giving enough power when doing pretty much near anything, I get screen flicker, drivers not responding and PC crashes, not ideal. I know you might ask how do you know this and that, well I've spent time to figure it out and it is indeed the PSU I've used software, I've checked everything manually to see if it's fine. So with this I need a new PSU, can I get a replacement? Do any other PSUs work with the R4s cabling?

I'd really like to hear something from maybe those who've upgraded to a better PSU, I know there's quite a few of you out there that have done some brilliant work on some of the Alienware cases. Thanks again guys and I hope to hear from some of you soon. P.S Sorry if this gets asked a lot I'm sure it does but any help I can get is very much so appreciated.

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

August 6th, 2015 15:00

the only power supply capable of working with the Aurora case harness are the longer Area-51 R1 1000/1100/1200w models but u lose a hard drive bay in the attempt due to the length; link included below, along with most of this forum's swap material. Do look for the tips which explain how to connect your grfx card with the correct cable scheme, like in here:

Aurora R4 PSU upgrade.

More swap material here, look for other links inside these threads, you'll have ample info.

Aurora-R4, Looking to upgrade PSU to a higher quality PSU that is not a Dell branded?

The ALX-Files: A Triad of Power Supply Swaps. Area-51 Aurora XPS 730x ... How to Make an Area-51 R1.44 Using the r2's New 1440w Delta ... Lessons In the PSU Swap Done Right

PSU upgrade for my Aurora

Alienware Aurora Power Supply

Aurora R4 PSU upgrade

Aurora ALX 875 Watt Power Supply Upgrade To Area 51 1000 Watt Power Supply Upgrade

3 Posts

August 7th, 2015 09:00

Cass-Olé, thank you very much for the very detailed response, this will help massively so thank you very much again!

No Events found!