Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2015 19:00

Alienware R4 Crashing During Games/While Attempting to Run System Detect

I'm having a puzzling issue with my Alienware Aurora R4, recently updated from Windows 7 to 10. I've been playing a lot of Mad Max recently, and for no apparent reason, my computer has been crashing after about five minutes of playing. The whole thing just stops, no error message or black screen, just freezes in the game window. My video drivers are up to date (though it froze after restarting after installing the update). I have been forced power it off manually every time it crashes. I tried using Dell's system detect program in my browser, and when I use that it gets to something like "Obtaining System Diagnostics" and then hangs and I can move my cursor but all icons are unresponsive. If anyone has any idea how to resolve this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 15th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Try doing a clean installation of the latest Nvidia driver. Make sure your system is running the latest Bios firmware, click here for the download link. Also, run an ePSA/Diagnostics test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run the test. Let us know if you receive any errors.

12 Posts

September 16th, 2015 19:00

Thank you very much! Doing a clean re-install of my Nvidia drivers did the trick. It was a bit of a pain, but I have not had a crash since, fingers crossed.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 17th, 2015 14:00

You're very welcome. Hopefully that fixed the issue. 

12 Posts

September 21st, 2015 18:00

Okay the hanging is back with vengeance... I tried running the ePSA diagnostics test and it froze at this:

Any ideas? I'm pretty annoyed at this point. Anything would help, thanks.

No Events found!