Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

September 7th, 2015 13:00

@Alienware-Rodriguez: A-Rod. Aurora R4 Windows 10 Fans 100% fix? ... any word yet on a fix?

5.25.16 This just in: New/Old Boot Up loud Fan issue Aurora R4

Cass, posting what Alex sent me via PM on this issue after we went through some more troubleshooting steps:

"I spoke with our engineering and dispatch team to proceed with the part replacement, and what they advised is that the Command Center for the Aurora R4 has an issue in Windows 10 where the master I/O board does not have the full control of the fans on the Auto mode, but it does on Manual. When the latest version for the Command Center was created, Windows 10 had not been released, so we’ve seen this behavior before, and part replacements don’t fix the problem. The only way to keep the fans down would be by setting them up manually."

Do tell ... the reader can make their own mind up about this scandal, now 10months past the 'issue' that has no cure. part replacements don’t fix the problem > soooooo, how about a software fix. Everyone who paid over $2000 for your pc, raise your hand. what would u say to Dell, who has 'no resources' to offer a software fix. Windows 10 Command Center 3.7 puh-lease ...

aside from setting fans to 'manual', three verified 'cures' so far

edit 12.26.15 > Alienware Command Center Windows 10 , fan speed issues. Mostly cabinet fans

page2 > @blamster: "I found out that uninstalling the program and fixing the application or reinstalling it fixes the fan issues. I recommend that you uninstall the application browse to the location of the application...C:\dell\drivers\TD4C0 and re install it using windows 7 compatibility mode and run the program.   this will fix the problem...  until there is a legit patch from dell, looks like the bios and the program are not communicating". 

Trying Win7 or Win8 compatibility mode is a suggestion I've made before, someone's tried it with success. My Aurora has not had a fan issue on 10 yet; not if - but when it does - I know to try this &/or the step below ...

edit: posted by JasperY

"The problem with Command Center (Thermal Controller and Alien FX) is that windows 10 disables the service that helps detecting hardware monitoring. You need to reactivate it in the "Services". Go to Services, and set "Windows Sensor Monitoring Service" to active, and startup mode to "Automatic". It should fix it".

edit 11.28.15 > 13weeks after my original post

Find my original post below; I ask a simple question over 100%, I 'archive' a list of 'all' member posts which relate to 100%, some have help (tips/tricks/advice) some are a plea for help, nothing seems to be a definite 'fix'. A-Rod has no answers, my mirror post on AlienArena has no answers form their 'tech support', some Arena posts go unanswered by moderators when help is asked for.

- The MIO Jumper Reset Trick? Did it finally work? -

2043.MIOR3R4.jpg

#26 Aurora MIO Central Green Jumper Pin

2376.604gc Int RGB Led.jpg

Area-51 R1 Bottom Corner Jumper Pin

I've posted the steps below in other 'fans @ 100%' threads, with no one saying it worked. On Arena there is a new thread today Aurora R4 100%FANSPEED Windows 10 FIX saying it does.

Taken from FAQ Alienware > MIO Troubleshooting Policy > Jumper Reset
* Shutdown the PC
* Open the case cover and find the MIO board
* Locate the green plastic jumper on the MIO board
* The jumper is on pins 1/2
* Remove the jumper
* Turn the system on. Once into Windows, do a proper shutdown (turn power off)
* Place the jumper on pins 2/3
* Turn the system on. Once into Windows, do a proper shutdown (turn power off)
* Return the jumper to pins 1/2
* Turn the system on

I will edit this thread when the Arena member confirms the steps necessary to cure fans @ 100%

- Original Post 11.07.15 -

this Windows 10 + fans at 100% is about identical to what happened 2years ago:

A-Rod. Since R4 is supported under W10 has Dell / Alienware been advised there is or will be a systemic issue affecting R4, identical to the W8.1 thread above? This is rhetorical since the testing R4's in the Alien Laboratory should all be experiencing this same fans @ 100% on start-up issue by now.

Is there a fix in the works, will there be a knowledge base article describing an exact fix, new Cmnd Cntr perhaps ... what is the current state of affairs regarding Aurora R4 with 100% fans at start-up on Windows 10; is Dell prepared to publicly acknowledge the problem & address it w/a fix ... the simple 'power dissipation trick' & a risky update / flash to BIOS A11 isn't going to cut it for the same reason it didn't work on Windows 8.1. Ty Sir.

the growing archive of 100% fans & issues affecting models using a master i/o board on W10

*note that for every R4 owner who has a fan issue & attempts a fix who's outcome is either success or fail, not all owners affected will visit the forum &/or post in the forum so that the actual # of affected parties seeking answers & needing answers can be greater than the # of posts so far on record

if you have an R4 on Windows 10 & your fans are at 100%, 'like' this post @ the bottom so Dell & A-Rod can have a sense of the systemic nature of the roaring fan issue affecting R4 Nation

Mirror Post on Arena

Chime into my thread here & the one on Arena if you'd like Dell/Alienware to explain EXACTLY how to fix fans in W10 ... or join me in their silence

15 Posts

December 15th, 2015 09:00

Curious if this worked for anyone else?  I am thinking of trying it but can't tell how many people tried this and had success?

1 Message

March 24th, 2016 10:00

OMG finally fixed this 100% fans on start up using the above tips verified unistalling command centre and running the installer in  windows 7 compatability mode worked. Had tried just uninstalling etc nothing worked currently on 3.5 CC version.

Thanks

No Events found!