Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2012 18:00

Alienware X51 Color/Lighting Problems and Crashes

Hello all,

I just received my new Alienware X51 a few days ago and I am having a couple of problems.

The first is with the lighting. The tower has three lights on it (on the front and the left and right sides) but the red light on the left side is always on. If I use the Command Center to change the color to blue, that light becomes purple; if I turn it off entirely or change it to black, it just stays red. That would suggest to me that the red light is always on. Does anyone know what I can do about this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Command Center but that did not fix the problem.

The second problem has been a couple of bluescreen crashes. I understand that this is sometimes a problem with the drivers for the graphics card but I have not attempted to reinstall any drivers yet. Does anyone know how best to proceed? Is there any way these problems could be related?

Thanks very much to anyone who can provide some assistance/advice.

Robert

2 Posts

April 6th, 2012 20:00

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, but no - the light on the left side was set (in AlienFX) to blue, but it shows up as purple, even after restart.

When I set them all to black, the left side shows up as red, and if I set them all to red, then they all stay red. Even after restart. That is what leads me to believe that the red light on the left side cannot be turned off. Even if I right-click the systray icon and "Go Dark", the left side stays red.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 6th, 2012 20:00

Go into Alien FX. Create a new theme called bluetest. Change the three LEDs to blue. Save the profile. There should be an option to tell it to load that theme on a startup of the system. Restart the system. Does it load the bluetest theme? Are they blue?

April 7th, 2012 10:00

i here u there same problem here as you

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 7th, 2012 15:00

I have not seen the cabling for the LEDs. But it sounds like the cabling is not connected correctly. Another X51 user will need to post for us what cables are plugged into what ports on the MIO board.

April 22nd, 2012 20:00

opened case and started working like its supose to didnt find any loose wires wires mit have got penched when they put it together

2 Posts

May 14th, 2013 22:00

I just got a new alienware X51 and at first it worked great but on its 5th startup i couldn't change the lights on the hard drive itself so I kept trying and it still wouldn't work so I was wondering if anyone had any tips

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

May 15th, 2013 09:00

I just got a new alienware X51 and at first it worked great but on its 5th startup i couldn't change the lights on the hard drive itself so I kept trying and it still wouldn't work so I was wondering if anyone had any tips

Hello gijo207,

What exactly do you mean by "change the lights on the hard drive"?

2 Posts

May 15th, 2013 18:00

i mean that when i go to the command center and change the lights they still are the same color

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

May 24th, 2013 12:00

Check out this article:

Alienware Desktops: AlienFx/Command Center troubleshooting 

Try that, and let me know how it goes.

Sorry about the delay in my response, I missed your reply.

No Events found!