Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

December 4th, 2012 13:00

Alienware X51 Fan speed/noise

Hello. Got my X51 in August. No problems til last month when it did not want to wake from sleep. Called tech support, since I had paid a year for it anyways. They fried my mother board by trying to update the BIOS from A02 to A06. They had to send in a tech and replaced my motherboard with one that already had the A06 BIOS on it.

Now I do not recall the fan spinning this loudly before. It is not the "Jet Engine" sound like I have read on other forums. This only occurs during WoW gamin sessions (I know the fans should speed up to keep the system cool but before this new motherboard I did not hear the fans speed up this much). I downloaded "SpeedFan" and saw the max RPMs of fan 2 at 3700 RPM. 

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 4th, 2012 13:00

aj350z

Moving this thread to the Alienware Owners Club Forum.

Bev.

December 5th, 2012 10:00

aj350z,

You did good running a test for the fans, try to keep an eye on you gpu and cpu temperatures through this tools and check for any overheating signs.

4 Posts

December 5th, 2012 16:00

Here is the results of "SpeedFan" after about 2 hours gaming (World of Warcraft playing in 25 man LFR).  Can you make anything of it?  Fan does spin loud still but dont know if everything is within acceptable ranges.

0451.fan pic.jpg3515.temp pic.png

December 6th, 2012 13:00

The results for the fans RPM are normal, you should worry about it if the temperature on your CPU or GPU reaches 90C or more.

No Events found!