Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2017 14:00

Alienware X51 keeps restarting

I have had the computer for 2 years. This issue started to happen when couple month ago but was not that frequent. However, within the last week it happens so often that I cannot do any work.

The computer sometimes just freeze completely, which never happened before. More often, it will turn into blue screen. However, the most annoying thing is that it will suddenly restart by itself, and keep restarting. (You can hear the CPU fan on right after the power button is pushed, and when it automatically restarts, I just hear the fan on and off over and over again.) After several loop, it will successful enter Win 10 system but I am not sure how long it will be before it restart itself again.

I also checked ePSA hardware check. It says that CPU is overheating. The error code is 2000-0314.

Note that around 6 month ago I changed my graphics card to 970, but there was no problem at all at that time. I called Alienware service and was informed that it was likely a hardware issue. I am wondering what to do.

I really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you!

1.2K Posts

February 8th, 2017 07:00

cpu overheating.. have you opened case andchecked for fan operation? cleaned out  dust  by change  from cpu heatsink?  it  could   be the video card fan   ramping up.. or front panel   fan..

have you checked that command center is set to  auto for   fan control and not  manual.. this will cause it to  run low  unless you set fan to max..

February 8th, 2017 15:00

Hi, thanks for replying! Yes I have opened the case and there's some dust in the fan and heatsink but not too much. Also, CPU fan always worked properly (at least they never stopped working). No dust on graphics card and fan is working properly.

I have not changed any command setting for CPU fan. I used EVGA on steam to set the graphic fan curve before but now it is auto.

1 Message

August 19th, 2017 07:00

Hi Hunter,

I Wonder if you found any solution to your problem. I've got the exact same issue today and my Alienware x51 is two years old too. Please share if you found anything.

Thanks!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 20th, 2017 13:00

If ePSA is telling you the CPU is over-heating ... like 89fordprobee‌ says, check your computer's cooling system and air-flow. This includes all fans, heat-sinks, etc.

You just trouble-shoot like a normal desktop computer. While it would be academic to hear what ‌ problem was, I highly doubt you have the same problem.

No Events found!