Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2015 13:00

Alienware getting lower fps than normal.

A few days ago my Alienware 18 began getting 200 fps or lower on cs:go when i could normally get over 300. I now have to run all settings on low to play H1z1, LoL etc. I already talked to a technician online and he said all my hardware was working normally and to factory restore my pc. I did this but it has not solved the problem. My GPUs are 2 Radeon R9 M290x in Crossfirex. I have 16GB of ram and my processor is an i7-4810MQ at 2.8ghz. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 21st, 2015 09:00

Hello,

How are you able to determine that the cards run above 300 FPS? Try reinstalling the video card drivers, use the latest driver from the AMD website. 

3 Posts

August 21st, 2015 10:00

When typing net_graph 1 into the game console it shows fps, ping, etc. I have the latest drivers and was previously on the phone with alienware technical support . After using all the diagnostic tools on the dell website we were unable to find the causes of the problem, so my technician decided to factory restore my pc to see if that would work. Sadly, it did not work and im still stuck with the same problem. 

August 21st, 2015 12:00

Is it always low, or does it start normal and drop off after a short while?

My FPS drops off quickly when I am playing a game. I eventually traced it down to an overheating issue with my CPU.

3 Posts

August 21st, 2015 13:00

Now it is always low I've used all the diagnostics on the dell website and have yet to find the problem.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2015 12:00

Hi, 

What happens if you run the games in high performance settings? Do they lag or does the system crash?

No Events found!