Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 17th, 2010 12:00

Alienware m11x battery problem

Hello, i'm fairly new here, but I know my ways around the computer, but I have one problem.

After sending my m11x to Dell for the dreaded screen hinge problem, they sent it back in a timely manner and everything was great, the screen hinges were finally fixed. However, after a few weeks, I noticed my battery gradually declining in terms of how long it could stay on without charging.

Just 2 weeks ago, my battery had finally failed and now I have to constantly plug it in for it to even work. On my battery details, it says that I need to replace my battery because there is a problem with it. I never had any problems before sending it to Dell and now I do. If I unplug the laptop and let it stand on its own, it only gets a maximum of 45 min on FULL CHARGE.

I waited around three weeks for my laptop to be repaired because of Dell's faults against the screen hinge and now I have a battery problem after receiving it back from them.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. It's also a pain that Dell does not have Alienware customer chat support as some other models do.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 17th, 2010 12:00

Contact Technical Support Phone or Email. They will need the following information -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
PC Service Tag number:
Reason: Defective battery
Troubleshooting Done:

265 Posts

December 17th, 2010 13:00

Completely understood. I know the feeling.

But sometimes, its best to do things like this over the phone. Because it can take a long time before anyone answers your email, if they even decide to acknowledge it. You know what I mean.....

In your case though, it would not take very long at all. Since the laptop is even giving you a notice that the battery needs to be replaced and there is a problem with it, there is no diagnostics to run. Its a bad battery. I would not expect them to sit there and try to fix it because the only fix is a new battery. The laptop is advertised to run well over 3 to 4 hours on a charge. 45 minutes is not even close....Having the laptop in this short amount of time, the battery should not fail this quickly, even if it was used constantly.

Just give 'em a call during the evening/ They are there 24/7 (i think) and should be able to get you a new battery out in no time.

I completely understand also. Thanks for your very thorough input. I'll try to give them a call as soon as I can, and it really si a shame that I bought the m11x back in April and its already had its fair-share of problems.

Hopefully, this time everything will work out.

Would you happen to know if I have to send in my unit for any reason at all or will they just ship a new battery to my home?

265 Posts

What ever happened to using the phone? Its much faster and easier if you ask me.

I have tried contacting Dell's e-mail for support but for some reason, when I enter in my Service Tag, it says that Alienware is not supported for e-mail support.

If you have a direct e-mail I can send to, it would be of GREAT help as phone support is not an option for me.

It is. I mean, don't get me wrong, I could, but i'm so busy with work that being on the phone and sometimes being put on hold can be very time-consuming.

265 Posts

December 17th, 2010 14:00

No you should not have to send your unit into them.

They should just do a Parts Only Service (POS) and send you the battery. They include a shipping label for you to send the defective part back to them.

Usually they only request you send in the unit if its a very complicated part to replace that technicians in your area cant do.

December 17th, 2010 20:00

I see. Alright, that sounds good. Though, I still very much prefer the email.

If a Dell representative and gladly tell me the email address of the ones i'm supposed to email, that would be great.

No Events found!