Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2012 00:00

Alienware m11x small rubber feet....

Hi,

Wondering if Alienware could send me a couple of those small little rubber feet for the bottom-back of my m11x. One has fallen off previously and I have glued it back... however, it has fallen off again and I have no idea where it is.

I know you guys don't make the m11x any more but I would love a few spare small rubber feet if possible... any chance?

I came here to ask due to the excellent result I got with my x51 desktop. Cheers again and thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

John

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 30th, 2012 15:00

johnkendall,

My apologies, but Dell never provided us with a part number for the Alienware rubber feet. Without a part number, we cannot setup an order. I have been sending customers to this site. http://www.laptoplifts.com/

191 Posts

August 31st, 2012 05:00

The feet are not actually user servicable.  They have plastic pins that are melted over into the main case.  To remove them you have to cut and re-melt it back together.

August 31st, 2012 17:00

Thanks for the suggestion but they look rather ugly and was more looking at the exact same small rubber foot that's on the other side of my m11x. Surely dell/alienware would have replacements? Its really annoying, Can I send it back and claim it under a warranty issue to get it fixed?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 31st, 2012 18:00

We do not have the rubber feet. They come to us already attached as part of the chassis bottom assembly. If under warranty, we would have to setup a Return To Depot repair and replace the entire chassis bottom assembly.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

December 7th, 2012 22:00

I sent mine to Dell and addressed this issue, apparently they did not change the chassis nor fix the rubber feet. My M11x is still under warranty. What a disappointment. Chris, is there anything you can do to help me out? Thank you

348 Posts

December 8th, 2012 09:00

I've bought replacements on ebay in the past, for other machines.

Just measure the recess width, height then ebay it. I opted to replace all of them as I couldn't get an exact height.

www.ebay.co.uk/.../i.html

No Events found!