Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2015 07:00

Alienware m17x Laptop screen problems and low beeping

At startup and when I alt-tab in a game (it happens the most in CS GO) my screen goes black and I hear a slight beeping sound, it's not as loud as this  thought. The only way to fix it until it happens again is turning the screen and returning it where it is ( _| -> _/ -> _| ). 

Thanks for the help.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 17th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

The issue could be driver related. Try reinstalling both the Intel and discrete (AMD/Nvidia) video card drivers. Also make sure your system is running the latest Bios firmware. You can download the Bios and the video drivers from the Dell support site, just enter your service tag on the page or look for your Alienware model by product name/revision and click on Drivers and Downloads.

4 Posts

September 18th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

I reinstalled both video card drivers and the Bios too, the issue is still happening. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 18th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostics test on the system. Click here to view an article that explains how to run the test. Let us know if you receive any error codes. 

4 Posts

September 19th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

I ran the ePSA/Diagnostics test with the memory test (30m more too) and I got no error, everything is fine.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 21st, 2015 16:00

Hi, 

In case this issue could be software related, we recommend doing an Alien Respawn system recovery. This will restore your system to factory settings so make sure to back up your data before trying this. If this is a software issue, doing an Alien Respawn system recovery should fix it. Click here to view an article that explains how to use Alien Respawn. 

No Events found!