Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2013 17:00

Alienware m17x R3 video issues.

I have had my r3 for about a year now. In that year it has worked great up until recently. It has started blue screening and black screening. I believe it is a video issue. I have called tech support many times and had my graphics card replaced once. My nvidia drivers are updated but I'm not sure about my bios. The pic is from my reliability monitor and it shows multiple errors at the same time. Each error is has a slightly different BCP1 and 2.

problems.PNG

Sys specs:

Alienware m17x R3

Nvidia 580m

16gigs of ram

terrabyte harddrive

intel i7 2860QM 2.50 GHz

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 18:00

It has only blue screened a few times since the graphics card was replaced. The most recent happened when I shut the computer to put it into sleep mode. The black screens I kept getting before I had the card replaced were random and seemed to have no trigger/cause. I have not tested in safemode with networking as it does not do it very often so I have no way of knowing for sure. 

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 18:00

Hi Echocb,

When does the blue screen occur?

Check if the issue persists in Safemode with networking. Restart the computer and tap F8 at Dell logo. Select Safemode with networking.

Awaiting your response!

77 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 22:00

Go to driver and download page --> http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en

Input your service tag number.

Download the original video driver (nvidia). Not the latest driver.

After that, restart your R3, then observe if still have the problem.

3 Posts

October 24th, 2013 10:00

I will try that but as I said before it does not seem to have a trigger. It also does not do it very often so I will not know for sure if it worked

953 Posts

October 31st, 2013 12:00

I will try that but as I said before it does not seem to have a trigger. It also does not do it very often so I will not know for sure if it worked

Hi Echocb,

As suggested by “Vanzelot” please proceed with uninstalling and then re-installing the drivers. If the issue still persists, Alienware M17x R3 is shipped with edition of Dell Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment. Try running the tests and reply with results.

No Events found!