Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2009 10:00

Alienware m9750 monitor won't work- Tried almost everything

I put my computer on sleep, and left for a half hour, when I came back it was out of sleep mode, but the monitor was not on. When I try restarting it, I hear my hard drive, my fans kick in, the quick launch and power button, and the alien head, all light up blue,I can hear all the sounds when Windows starts up but the monitor doesn't show anything.

Following the advice of google searches, I unplugged the battery, held the power button for a minute, and put it back in, and nothing changed. I then took off the bottom, unplugged + replugged the CMOS battery, which didn't work, and then I gutted my video cards and RAM, and tried with just the CMOS.

Then I tried reseating the LCD cable and LCD inverter cable, which didn't work either.

Plugging it into an external monitor doesn't work, the same problem happens and the external monitor reads "No Signal"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,  I might just buy a new computer considering how expensive I've heard repairs normally are. (And I'm off of my warranty)

Thanks

5 Posts

December 30th, 2009 08:00

No one had this kind of issue before ? Any suggestions ?

No Events found!