Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DO

July 12th, 2015 05:00

Alienware - networks drivers

Hello, I have an Alienware 14 computer and I have been experiencing some problems with it. English is not my first language so I am sorry for any mistakes.

I formatted my computer (without recovery) and I wanted to reinstall the drivers. I can't understand what network drivers I need to install. When I checked the Dell order details for my computer I saw that I have these network components:

• WLAN Killer 1202 Driver
  • Killer NIC 1202 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0

In the disk I got with the computer (that has all the drivers), there are the drivers related to the network:

• AN Killer E2201(TBD) Driver
  • BCM4352 Broadcom Wireless 2x2 802.11 ac  + BT 4.0 Driver
  • Qualcomm Killer Wireless-N1202 Driver

In Dell's website you can find drivers that your computer needs and they offer this:

Modem/Communications (3 files):

• Dell Wireless 1550 WiFi / Bluetooth Driver
  • Broadcom BCM4352 Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Driver
  • Qualcomm Killer Wireless-N1202 Driver

Network (4 files):

• Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7260 Bluetooth Driver
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7260 WiFi Driver
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7260 Bluetooth Patch
  • Qualcomm LAN Killer E2201 Driver

I'm not sure which drivers I need to install. I assume that I don't need to install Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7260 drivers (because it doesn't exist on my computer or on my disk). Also, according to the computer's receipt I don't have this component on my computer (AN Killer E2201(TBD) Driver) but I do have it on my disk and I'm not sure why I need it. I also can't manage to install this driver: BCM4352 Broadcom Wireless 2x2 802.11 ac  + BT 4.0 Driver.

When I install the following drivers from Dell's website, Dell still insists that I need to install them:

• Chipset |Realtek Card Reader Driver 
  • Chipset |Intel Lynx Point HM87 Driver 
  • Chipset |Intel Management Engine Interface Driver 

On another note - in the Device Manager I have "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" and I'm not sure what it does/where it belongs.

Thank you for your help!

• 

2.7K Posts

July 14th, 2015 07:00

What happen when you try to install the Killer NIC 1202 driver? 

37 Posts

July 15th, 2015 11:00

After I install the AN Killer E2201(TBD) Driver annd Qualcomm Killer Wireless-N1202 Drive I get blue screen with the file name "nwifi.sys"

1 Attachment

• 

2.7K Posts

July 17th, 2015 15:00

Try to uninstall all the wireless drivers the system has at this moment and download the Qualcomm Killer Wireless-N1202 Driver directly from their website and install it.

Let me know if that helps you. 

37 Posts

July 27th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

I did what you wrote me to do, and that helped for 11 days...

I just got again this blue screen.

IMG-20150728-WA0000.jpg

901 Posts

July 27th, 2015 16:00

The picture you have posted looks more like a graphics card issue than a WiFi issue, unless the WiFi driver is conflicting with some other software you have.

You probably use your WiFi at the time, is it possible for you to use Ethernet cable?

Maybe you could do a simple test and remove WiFi driver and use Ethernet and see if issue continues.

If it stops you have a faulty WiFi card or motherboard, if it continues obviously it is something else

No Events found!