Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2015 07:00

Alienware x51 BIOS Upgrade Now Won't Boot

So I recently reinstalled Windows 7 and was reinstalling my drivers and such using the Dell Products Drivers download page on a different computer and downloading them to a flash drive and upgrading on main computer. I completed all the updates until I got to the BIOS update, I installed in and rebooted my system, now it starts but freezes and doesn't move at the Alienware Logo. Just to put it out there, I updated from BIOS A08 to A14. The screen I get to looks like  the normal Alienware Logo screen, showing that I'm using a Alienware x51, a blue loading bar, BIOS Version A14, and then F2 Setup and F12 Boot Options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 20th, 2015 15:00

Hello,

Check in the Bios (to access the Bios tap the F2 button during boot) under the Boot section, look for an option called Boot Mode and make sure its set to UEFI. Also, make sure the Secure Boot option is disabled, save the changes and restart the system. Let us know how it goes.

August 19th, 2015 08:00

Was wondering if there is any way to downgrade back to A08 from my current position?

August 20th, 2015 16:00

Thank you so much, worked like a charm. It took a few reboots for it to launch correctly but from try one it was working better than before. Its such a simple answer for something that has caused me to get a headache from browsing the web for so long.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 21st, 2015 15:00

Hello, 

You're very welcome, I'm glad we could help. Let us know if you need further assistance.

2 Posts

May 10th, 2016 22:00

hi rodrigo, do you speak spanish? anyway i have a problem with my alienware 13 r2, i update the bios to the lastes version and my laptop just died i donde know how to fix it do you know how can i fix it??

No Events found!