Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2014 04:00

[Alienware x51 R2] Video Card Upgrade + SSD upgrade

Hi,

I bought an Alienware x51 R2 in July 2013, and I want to upgrade it. But I need some help.

First: I bought a Samsung 256 GB SSD, and I think I figured a way to put it with my HDD. I would just like an approval on this question. I removed the optical drive, bought a slimline SATA female + power to SATA female + power adapter, and pluged in my SSD in it. But does that mean it's slower because it's slimline to classic SATA?

Second: I want to upgrade my graphic card. I'm planning to buy a NVidia GeForce GTX 760, but there's a problem: it requires 1 6-pin and 1 8-pin connector, while I only saw 2 6-pin connector for the graphic cards. Is it dangerous if I take an adapter to convert a 6-pin to an 8-pin? And it's not possible, is there a way that I could get power from another source to have an extra 6-pin to convert 2 6-pin into an 8-pin?

Thank you for the answers! :)

1 Message

August 20th, 2014 06:00

I really hope someboby can answer that question Because I´m asking myself the same thing. I just want to add that I know that we need to have the 330W psu.

August 20th, 2014 07:00

With the Alienware X51 R2, there's alreayd the 330w psu.

August 21st, 2014 12:00

Is it possible that I have a pro or an employee of Alienware to answer me? And if not, than how can I ask this and have immediate answer?

No Events found!