Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 12th, 2014 13:00

Alienware x51 bios problems

so my alienware x51 which i havnt had any problems with for 1 and a half year suddenly coulndt load. what happens is i press the power button and when i get to the first loading screen, it loads the whole line but then freezes, nothing seems to work, also worth saying i cannot press f2 or f12 doing that loading screen, any ideas please help

7 Posts

October 13th, 2014 12:00

I'm having the same issue. I've been looking for a solution and haven't seen one yet.

5 Posts

October 13th, 2014 15:00

Ive just send it for repair today, i couldnt even press f12 there was no respond what so ever, thanks anyways

671 Posts

October 13th, 2014 15:00

So basically the computer isn't booting into Windows.
My best advise at the moment would be to start by running a Preboot-System Assesment.
In order to perform this, you must start your computer and tap F12 to get into the Boot Manager.
Near the end of the screen there should be an option that says Diagnostics, PSA, or EPSA.
Please run the basic test (Without running the Extended Memory test... which takes like half an hour). And tell me what you got.

I'll await both of your responses.

7 Posts

October 13th, 2014 19:00

It's like the computer freezes towards the end of the post inabling me to hit f12.

5 Posts

October 14th, 2014 08:00

Iwas at the tech center today they told me the cpu was not working and the whole system had to be reinstalled..

7 Posts

October 14th, 2014 08:00

Did they happen to give you a suggestion on how to do that?

7 Posts

October 14th, 2014 12:00

wonderful

7 Posts

I was reading more about the beep errors during bios but i know for a fact my beeped from day one so i thought it was normal.

5 Posts

They said a new cpu were required and it would cost around 300$ for cpu alone because the current cpu in alienware x51 is no longer to be bought

5 Posts

October 14th, 2014 14:00

Pretty sure its suppose to say that beep one time on bios screen

7 Posts

October 14th, 2014 15:00

Thats what I assumed too. I'm waiting to see if these guy from Dell has any suggestions. 

671 Posts

October 15th, 2014 08:00

I was reading more about the beep errors during bios but i know for a fact my beeped from day one so i thought it was normal.

If you want I can go ahead and check what's going on with your computer. I will need the Service Tag though. Do you mind sending it over Personal Message?

7 Posts

October 15th, 2014 09:00

I will do that as soon as I get home and get it off my computer. 

6 Posts

October 15th, 2014 11:00

I need help i get 3 beep when i turn on my alienware x51 r1 i have tried to called and get solutions so i don't have to buy anew computer this one is only 1 1/2 year old.  I keep getting the run around that it is no solution but to buy a new computer.   The issue is when i turn my computer off and then turn it on to use the computer beeps and does not boot.  i have lights on on the side and in the front i hear the fan running.  I keep getting told that i need a new motherboard which they don't have anymore that i have to go and fined on ebay i ws told by one agent. Then I saw where some x51 r1 are upgrading their motherboards to the x51 r2.  when i tried to call and get this done I was told that they can not cause they don't have any motherboards available except for the laptops not for the desktop.  I spent over 800usd for this computer can somebody tell what i cando to get my computer fix?  Nobody at Alienware seems like they want to help, and the keep sending me to dell, the dell people are very helpful.  I play a game called Second Life and I have recommend a lot of people to alienware for new computers, which they bought but if this the customer service i get i want no more.

671 Posts

October 17th, 2014 09:00

I need help i get 3 beep when i turn on my alienware x51 r1 i have tried to called and get solutions so i don't have to buy anew computer this one is only 1 1/2 year old.  I keep getting the run around that it is no solution but to buy a new computer.   The issue is when i turn my computer off and then turn it on to use the computer beeps and does not boot.  i have lights on on the side and in the front i hear the fan running.  I keep getting told that i need a new motherboard which they don't have anymore that i have to go and fined on ebay i ws told by one agent. Then I saw where some x51 r1 are upgrading their motherboards to the x51 r2.  when i tried to call and get this done I was told that they can not cause they don't have any motherboards available except for the laptops not for the desktop.  I spent over 800usd for this computer can somebody tell what i cando to get my computer fix?  Nobody at Alienware seems like they want to help, and the keep sending me to dell, the dell people are very helpful.  I play a game called Second Life and I have recommend a lot of people to alienware for new computers, which they bought but if this the customer service i get i want no more.

Hello Vikki007,
It is actually a known code whenever the computer beeps three times in sequence. The only fix is indeed replacing the motherboard. Aside from it, I am afraid there isn't much to do about it. The computer is not booting up due to the failure in the motherboard. There is no quick fix for this.
You can try opening up the computer and reset the Coin-cell Battery.
Other than that.
I'm sorry we were not able to sell you the part you were looking for. What I can recommend would be looking for the part with an online parts vendor. This might solve your computer's issue.

Just bear in mind. Dell/Alienware does not support 3rd party resellers.

No Events found!