Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 26th, 2016 13:00

Alineware R3 (2015) a Frustration beyond belief

I bought an Alineware R3 (2015) in February of this year which was my lifelong dream.  Everything went smooth for a couple of months. Suddenly after 2 / 2.5 months i was unable to play any game as the laptop was overheating and the games would stutter. I checked with HW monitor , the avg temp was reaching 100 C

I contacted the support (i have 1 yr premium support) and a technician was sent to replace heat sink. It went fine for a few month before I again started experiencing slowness and added to that this time , my screen had developed a red pixelated line which was visible against a dark background. I contacted support again and again sent replacement parts. A motherboard , a heat sink and a screen. All refurbished.

The screen issue was resolvd but that was it. After the technician put my laptop back , 1 / 3rd of the keys on my laptop stopped working and when I booted my laptop up , i was staring at a screen displaying 64 bit color. the screen was all messed up. I called alienware a 3rd time and they sent yet another motherboard and a keyboard. 

I hoped that was that. But no , my frustration continues...

All my keys work now but my computer still overheats when playing video games and whenever I run the laptop on battery (pull out the charging plug) my screen starts flicering 64 bit color on it. The screen is absoutely distorted...

I have contacted support for a 4th time in as many months and this time I am sending my laptop over to dell service center in the hope that this issue is resolved.

All the original parts of the laptop have been replaced. It is now a shattered dream made up of refurbished parts .

my Service Tag is  :

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

and DPS Number: 322121113

I am literally at my wit's end with the laptop. I urge any alienware / dell executive who is reading this to please help me out. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 27th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

We are sorry for all the bad experience with the system. Please send me a private message with the service tag so I can check on this!

No Events found!