Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 27th, 2011 11:00

Area 51 - 3DMark 11 Failing on new ATI Drivers 10.12 and 11.1

Anyone here have 3DMark 11 and getting errors when completing a test on the two newest driver releases? The tests run fine but when I would normally get the results I get a big list of errors. The program ran fine when it was first released (although my scores were low). I have tried reinstalling Futuremark, no luck. Games run fine so I kinda gave up on the benchmark software and concluding that it is what it is. Just curious if others are getting a list of errors and were able to fix it with the new drivers.

17 Posts

January 27th, 2011 13:00

I have not tried 3DMark 11 yet but I have used 3DMark 6 and other benchmarking applications. I have also found that my Alienware system, (even with 2 5870s in crossfire) was receiving 'low' scores when compared to other system with like hardware and clock speeds. In some cases it was even out performed by lower hardware systems at stock speeds. I have not been able to figure it out but it seems that the AW parts are not up to speed, if you will, when compared to their marketplace equivalents. It is a bit disappointing when you think that AW is supposed to be a 'high performace' rig.  

190 Posts

January 27th, 2011 14:00

I read about a week ago that 3DMARK was having problems .

3DMark 11 version 1.01 release notes

Patch available here:

http://www.futuremark.com/download/3...01_updater.exe

Updated full installers will be available through our mirrors shortly.

All Editions

* Fixed an issue with SystemInfo that prevented the Physics and Combined tests from running.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the DirectX 11 API or .NET was not available.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the number of system GPUs was unknown.
* Letterboxing and scaling now works with wide displays.
* The benchmark UI is now minimized during the benchmark run.
* Improved result security when submitting to 3dmark.com.
* Added automatic update notification.
* Updated SystemInfo component to version 3.54.1.1.

Advanced and Professional Edition only

* Added option for manual GPU Count selection to the Advanced tab.
* Added Scaling Mode selection to the Advanced tab, choose from centred or stretched.
* Results tab now shows the individual scores for each of the six tests.

Professional Edition only

* Demo audio now works when running from the command line.
* Image Quality tool now handles unexpected parameters correctly.
* Image Quality tool now works correctly with the reference rasterizer option.

2.4K Posts

January 27th, 2011 16:00

I have not tried 3DMark 11 yet but I have used 3DMark 6 and other benchmarking applications. I have also found that my Alienware system, (even with 2 5870s in crossfire) was receiving 'low' scores when compared to other system with like hardware and clock speeds. In some cases it was even out performed by lower hardware systems at stock speeds. I have not been able to figure it out but it seems that the AW parts are not up to speed, if you will, when compared to their marketplace equivalents. It is a bit disappointing when you think that AW is supposed to be a 'high performace' rig.  

It is far more likely that it's something with your setup then the parts used. You need to go over all your drivers and settings. I have the Area 51 and it scores high for what I have in it. I also spent the time tweaking it to make it perform at its best. You need to do the same.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 27th, 2011 17:00

Anyone here have 3DMark 11 and getting errors when completing a test on the two newest driver releases?

Heaven runs fine, but this one has been a problem since release. Problems:

1. Throws an error about "Window Focus" when changing tests
2. Sometimes the tests display fine or sometimes it's messed up big time (like the vertical hold is way off)

I just tried:
1. v1.01 patch and SystemInfo patch
2. Launch icon Compatibility Settings: Turn on "Disable Desktop Composition" and Run as Admin

... no help.

But I think I just fixed it ... I'm running dual monitors and that seems to be the problem. With the second monitor disabled, it works fine. I just created 2 CCC Profiles ... called Normal and Single Monitor.

14 Posts

January 27th, 2011 17:00

Sweet! Thank you for this. Ill try the update and see what happens. Thanks again!

14 Posts

January 28th, 2011 19:00

Anyone here have 3DMark 11 and getting errors when completing a test on the two newest driver releases?

Heaven runs fine, but this one has been a problem since release. Problems:

1. Throws an error about "Window Focus" when changing tests
2. Sometimes the tests display fine or sometimes it's messed up big time (like the vertical hold is way off)

I just tried:
1. v1.01 patch and SystemInfo patch
2. Launch icon Compatibility Settings: Turn on "Disable Desktop Composition" and Run as Admin

... no help.

But I think I just fixed it ... I'm running dual monitors and that seems to be the problem. With the second monitor disabled, it works fine. I just created 2 CCC Profiles ... called Normal and Single Monitor.

good info, thank you.

14 Posts

January 28th, 2011 20:00

Thanks again! I did the update and now it is working except my driver is not "approved"

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 28th, 2011 20:00

Good.

Ya, I think I remember getting that "not approved" message on CCC 10.8 or there-abouts. I don't get it on 10.11.

No Events found!