Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2010 10:00

Area 51 - Vents have stopped opening

Ok so I have had this PC for a couple months and things have been great - only minor issue I had was when I powered down my pc the vents would sometimes stay open and not close down.

I turn on my PC today and the vents remain closed, I go into thermal control to set them at 100% open and they still remain closed. I power on and off my PC about 5 times, remove the power cable for a few minutes and they still remain closed.

I want a solution to this if anyone can help me please, and also I need to know if its safe to play games when it's in this state.

Thanks.

13 Posts

March 27th, 2010 04:00

I opened the case and found the motor for the vents, i pushed the cable in some and tapped the motor a bit, now it works again.

Thanks for the help.

13 Posts

Thankyou, will try this and see what happens.

33 Posts

I had an issue where mine would stay open on shut down and once they wouldn't open or close (playing around with the two different settings in the command center seemed to help... One thing you could try is downloading and either repairing the command center or removing and reinstalling it. This worked for my issues (so far).

33 Posts

Ok let us know what you find, like I told someone else from the extremely brief time I've spent with the system it seems lighting and cooling are directly tied to the command center.

So keep posting on you're findings chance are someone around here will know how to fix it or can help. 

13 Posts

March 26th, 2010 11:00

Ok so first I tried repairing, went through all the firmware etc and restarted PC - Vent still closed.

Then uninstalled then reinstalled command center - still closed.

The lights etc work 100% fine, perhaps there is a loose cable or something i can try? Will wait for more suggestions.

33 Posts

March 26th, 2010 11:00

hmm... Thats to bad, It could be a loose wire (I haven't had a chance to check out all the wiring yet so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving you advice on that) 

I know this might sound like a lame suggestion, but when my front panel lights would stay on and the vents wouldn't close on shut down one thing I did to make them close was unplug the power supply wire, which made them go down, maybe  just unplug the psu for a couple minutes and plug it back in?

Also maybe try resetting the bios.

I'll keep looking around and see if I see anything that might help.

33 Posts

March 27th, 2010 08:00

Awesome glad you got it fixed and it wasn't something major!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 27th, 2010 20:00

So the cable had come loose?

13 Posts

March 28th, 2010 04:00

It didn't seem like it was loose, there are 4 or 5 cables going in there, all i did was move them around a bit incase something was not making a connection.

Seemed to do the trick anyway, perhaps the motor is getting tired or something.

No Events found!