Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2014 14:00

Area-51 and Roccat Keyboards?

I'm going to be getting Area 51 down the road. But I have just one question hopefully someone can answer it.

1. Does anyone know if the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard will work with the Area-51 without any issues? or is it better just to get a Logitech G910 keyboard and return the Roccat Ryos MK Pro?

My current PC Dell XPS 8300 (Windows 7) keeps shutting the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard off during boot up or restarts. It turns on for about 20 seconds then shut offs and doesn't turn back on. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug both USB plugs and plug them back in.

- Thanks

2.4K Posts

December 30th, 2014 18:00

I'm going to be getting Area 51 down the road. But I have just one question hopefully someone can answer it.

1. Does anyone know if the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard will work with the Area-51 without any issues? or is it better just to get a Logitech G910 keyboard and return the Roccat Ryos MK Pro?

My current PC Dell XPS 8300 (Windows 7) keeps shutting the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard off during boot up or restarts. It turns on for about 20 seconds then shut offs and doesn't turn back on. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug both USB plugs and plug them back in.

- Thanks

Area 51 R2? I don't have that system or the Roccat but it's a safe bet that Dell would not release a new system and peripherals that do not work together.  

I do have the Area 51 R1 and I have never had any issues with keyboards or mice. XPS 8300 and Area 51 are night and day in comparisons.

5 Posts

December 30th, 2014 23:00

Thanks for input, It just seemed odd my XPS 8300 kept turning the keyboard off. I'll try it out once I get it later in 2015.

No Events found!