Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2014 16:00

Area-51 x58 Wartime Edition - bought 09/2009 "Command Center" - Can not find anywhere.

Can anyone help me with Finding the Command Center For My System. I called Alienware and they were no help. I am not able to get into My Hive and I have tried D/L off of dell's site the command center for (Area-51 systems) which will not work. If someone could send me a link it would sure be a great help.....:)

Thanks

Mike

5 Posts

February 12th, 2014 13:00

OK! I finally found someone who had the Alienware Command Center for the Legacy Area-51 x58 Wartime before Dell took over. Thanks to Peter! I have installed it and it works great under Windows 7 Ultimate. I spent many Hours looking for this! Alienware was NO HELP AT ALL!!!! I called them many times for help. They promise to research it and would call me back with answers that never happened!! I would not want anyone to go though the frustration I did! Having to do a OS reinstall and then finding out the $4000.00 you spent on your Cool Looking AlienWare System years ago(for me 2009) that Command Center is no where to be found for download! Note: Command Center did not come on a disc like I thought. Alienware supplied all of the drivers on a support cd except Command Center install. Most of us bought this system because we really like the way it looks with those cool Alien lights among other things that make this a great system still today. If you need Command Center for your Legacy system please Msg me and I will figure out a way to get it to you. Mike

5 Posts

It's a Legacy. It was one of the last ones before dell took over I'm running win7 Prof. It came with Vista x64 with free upgrade to win7 Prof.

X58.jpg

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Is this a Legacy or Pre-Dell Area-51 (sounds like it).

Do you have a pic or likeness?

What OS are you running?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

It's a Legacy.

Ok.

So, under Vista 64 bit, you had Command Center running on it, right?

Do you have the Legacy Alienware Command Center for Vista-x64 installer file?

Now you have Win-7 64 bit. Did you ever have CC running on that?

5 Posts

February 11th, 2014 17:00

Yes I have the disk's but none of them have command center. The one disk that was suppose to have it? is the "Area-51 R7 Vista x64 Support CD. In the menu it says command center. Problem is? When you click on install it, it just takes you to the hive to login, to get the current ver. of command center. I can not log into the hive and Alienware won't help in any way with the hive. Yes, Command Center was running on Win7 Prof before I had to do a OS reinstall.

Mike

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Try this:

http://niche.originpc.com/showthread.php?t=3883

Origin is where I usually send Legacy Alienware users anyway.

I think MegaUpload got shut-down or something, but I'm sure if you post over there (maybe a new thread) someone over there still have the Installer or can help you.

Edit: If this is yours, seems like software would be here somewhere

http://niche.originpc.com/showthread.php?t=3410&highlight=command+center

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Yes I have the disk's but none of them have command center. The one disk that was suppose to have it? is the "Area-51 R7 Vista x64 Support CD. In the menu it says command center. Problem is? When you click on install it, it just takes you to the hive to login, to get the current ver. of command center. I can not log into the hive and Alienware won't help in any way with the hive. Yes, Command Center was running on Win7 Prof before I had to do a OS reinstall.

Mike

Ok, so it was pre-installed on Vista x64. You installed Win7-64 (as an Overlay/Upgrade Install) and Command Center was still working. That tells me that the Vista x64 version of Command Center will work on Win7-64. That is good because I think that is the only/last version for your special Legacy hardware.

AFAIK, there is nothing in the Hive except these drivers:

See anything? I think we search on "x58".
Edit: I don't see what you need.

5 Posts

February 11th, 2014 18:00

Yes, If I can find the Vista x64 command center for my Area-51 x58 wartime system, it should work just fine on win7 prof. like it was before I did a OS reinstall. I just have to locate someone that still has the command center and is willing to send it to me.

Mike

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 11th, 2014 19:00

Yes, If I can find the Vista x64 command center for my Area-51 x58 wartime system, it should work just fine on win7 prof. like it was before I did a OS reinstall. I just have to locate someone that still has the command center and is willing to send it to me.

If you care to help the next person who might come here looking for it ...

If you find it, link to it from this thread and it will be Google indexed.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 14th, 2014 02:00

OK! I finally found someone who had the Alienware Command Center for the Legacy Area-51 x58 Wartime before Dell took over. Thanks to Peter! I have installed it and it works great under Windows 7 Ultimate.

Who does Peter work for? ... Is the file hosted anywhere public?

Glad to hear you found it and got it sorted out.

1 Message

February 28th, 2014 10:00

Mike, im sorry to bother you, my name is mike too,I have the same x58 wartime edition as u but lost the alienfx software, is it ok toask if u could help me out and send me a copy, thanks

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

March 17th, 2014 18:00

I need a copy of this program too! Can you please email me at <ADMIN NOTE: Email address removed as per privacy policy>  Thnaks!

1 Message

April 30th, 2014 02:00

I have the same problem. I just bought one of these for my wife and did a factory reinstall yet I don't see a command center. However I have all of the original discs in the fancy suede folder blah blah blah. Running the original Vista ultimate. If I have the correct disc while still using Vista can I reinstall the command center or am I going to have the same problem you werected having?

1 Message

May 27th, 2014 13:00

Hey Mike,

I just found this thread, and I would love your help. I also have an Alienware Area-51 X58, and my case looks like this.

It originally had Vista 64-bit on it, and I put Windows 7 64-bit on it instead, but I don't have the Command Center anymore. If you could hook me up, that would be amazing. Thanks!

1 Message

June 30th, 2014 15:00

Hello Mike, 

Please can I have a copy of the legacy install files for Command Center if you still have them and can get them to me, I have been trying to find them but although I can access MyHive the link to download it is dead, thanks to dell for not maintaining the original site after they took over.

Thanks

Alan

No Events found!