Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 19:00

Artifact Problems

Hi

Just looking for some advice.

I have an 8 month old M14x R2:

i7 3610, 8GB Ram, 2gb Nvidia GeForce 650M.

In the last week I have download 3 games to try (Arma 2, Need for speed most wanted and XCOM). All of them on opening the application have problems with graphic artifacts on moving sections. The actual frame rate appears to be fine and smooth but these artifacts are really causing problems with the ability to play the games. It is still able to play crysis 2 with no problems.

I have fiddled around with all the settings including moving them to lowest graphics options. but the artifact is still persistent for them all. I have removed the cover and cleaned out the vents etc, although there wasnt much to clean out and I have also updated all of the drivers. The laptop does not appear to have a heating issue, I have used a coooling pad since day 1 as my previous laptop had problems with this.

I have seen videos on youtube with people using similiar specs to mine running these games absolutely fine.

I was just wondering if it could be a graphics card problem or some other issue which I am not aware of.

Any advice or help would be welcome.

1 Message

May 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi Cocomuzz,

Can you see the artifacts outside of games? I have found a similar problem with my m14x and after looking up where the screen connects to the motherboard I pressed down on the keyboard roughly where the connector sits underneath and they instantly disappeared.

give it a try and let me know. This was only a temporary fix and I had to re-seat the LCD connector but its a quick and simple test to see if that is the issue.

May 31st, 2013 07:00

I would suggest you to reinstall the video drivers. Does it also happen on an external monitor?

1 Message

July 16th, 2013 10:00

dude in what area of the keyboard is this?? maybe i can fix this problem without having to send my computer to the tech support. When i ask "where in the keyborad was this" i mean where in the keyboard did you have to press down for the problem to go away?

No Events found!