FrozdY
1 Nickel

Audio problems with windows 10 Alienware M17x R4 > Creative Labs CT9570 Audio Driver

I upgraded to win 10 and all the things worked as it should, the only thing i noticed was the 3,5mm micport didn't work, the 3,5mm headphone/speaker port works as it should, how can I fix it?

Things I've tried::
Installed the drivers.
Plug and unplug the mic.
Tested 4 different mics.
Rebooted the comp.

The comp knows when i plug and unplug the mic, but it doesn't send any sound from the mic for some reason...

0 Kudos
19 Replies

RE: Audio problems with windows 10 Alienware M17x R4 > Creative Labs CT9570 Audio Driver

Hello, 

We are not supporting Windows 10 for the Alienware M17XR4 system. We will not be providing newer drivers to be compatible with Windows 10. However, some of customers managed to fix this problem with installing the audio driver from the Dell site for Windows 8.1. Click here to view another thread from the Alienware Arena forum that discusses this.

7418.2.JPG

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
scarr7981
1 Copper

RE: Audio problems with windows 10 Alienware M17x R4 > Creative Labs CT9570 Audio Driver

So the plan here is to just let our fairly recent product purchases die so that we'll upgrade hardware?  

Classy.  I'll remember that when I do need to upgrade, looks like Lenovo will be getting my money instead. 

0 Kudos
Shjaell
1 Copper

Well I find it to be unacceptable for a company that claims they make the best gaming laptops and desktop pc's to plainly neglect the needs of so many customers. The Alienware m17x R4 is not an old machine and was still available brand new a year ago in stores and now with the "last" windows to be made will not be compatible without the user going to extremes to solve the issue themselves with absolutely no assistance from Dell at all. This makes me doubt in the quality of the "Dell Customer Care" and since I am in the process of replacing my m17x R4 I am now leaning towards the Asus ROG and MSI GT series which perform on the same level as the new Alienware but is $1,500 cheaper. I implore Dell to take a look at all their client sitting with this exact same issue with a single driver and help us fix the issue and in so doing return our faith in the Dell brand.

FrozdY
1 Nickel

I strongly agree. BUT, there's the fact that 2 of my dells have given me 3 problems over the course of 15 years whilst my Toshiba broke down beyond repair after a year, my azer crashed atleast 1 time each week for a year till I threw it out from the window because I couldn't take it, the comp that actually held the longest was my Dell Dimension 8200 desktop that I had 1 problem with, only ONE under the course of 5 years, I had it running basically 24/7 during that timeperiod aswell, so on avarage it was on about 20/6, not an exact number, but it's pretty much accurate, 

That beeing said, sure, You can charge for the next-day service, even the advancedd alienware extra service thing, but neglect people here on the forums is taking it too far, what? aren't you making enough yet with all the extras you're basically shoving down our thoats like extended warranties and such, you're losing so much by doing this Dell.

0 Kudos
Legan Sunz
1 Copper

This is absolutely unacceptable! I am in shocked at Dell's complete lack of concern for their customer base. I'm at a loss for words.    

0 Kudos
bluejack404
1 Copper

I will personally never purchase a Dell again as a result of this horrible treatment.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

So the plan here is to just let our fairly recent product purchases die so that we'll upgrade hardware?  

Classy.  I'll remember that when I do need to upgrade, looks like Lenovo will be getting my money instead. 

Yes, Lenovo is handling the Win-10 upgrade of old machines much better. They are even going back and re-writing select old drivers and bundled software:

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

I upgraded to win 10 and all the things worked as it should, the only thing i noticed was the 3,5mm micport didn't work, the 3,5mm headphone/speaker port works as it should, how can I fix it?

Things I've tried::
Installed the drivers.
Plug and unplug the mic.
Tested 4 different mics.
Rebooted the comp.

The comp knows when i plug and unplug the mic, but it doesn't send any sound from the mic for some reason...

What Dell drivers (exactly) are you trying to install?
Additionally, have you tried:
- Uninstalling all Dell audio software from Programs and Features
- Delete audio devices from Device Manager and Devices and Printers
Reboot machine and see what drivers Microsoft Updates gives you for the (newly detected) on-board audio devices.

- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Also, you can just go ahead and buy a (Win-10 compatible) USB based gaming headset (with mic).

0 Kudos