Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 12:00

Audio problems with windows 10 Alienware M17x R4 > Creative Labs CT9570 Audio Driver

I upgraded to win 10 and all the things worked as it should, the only thing i noticed was the 3,5mm micport didn't work, the 3,5mm headphone/speaker port works as it should, how can I fix it?

Things I've tried::
Installed the drivers.
Plug and unplug the mic.
Tested 4 different mics.
Rebooted the comp.

The comp knows when i plug and unplug the mic, but it doesn't send any sound from the mic for some reason...

December 25th, 2015 15:00

Gents,

I honestly don't know why I didn't think about this earlier. (Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer.)

Download your computers Windows 7 Drivers. Mine happened to be:

"Audio_Creative_W74_5NJ7K_A01-Setup_ZPE.exe" Published Oct 2013.

From this point you can try one of two things.

1) Run the download in windows 7 compatibility mode and click "Open/Run as administrator" In the same window. Run, install, restart and boom!

2) Download same file. Extract all the content using WinRAR, 7zip (whatever you use) get into the folder structure once it has been extracted. Right click installer and do the same as step one. Then run the installer in windows 7 compatibility mode and as admin. Run, Install, and BOOM!

Working!

Thank the heavens I didn't have to recode drivers myself.

(From my understanding most drivers from windows 7 work on windows 10. Issue being that in the code most installers only ask to recognize win 7, 8, 8.1 and stop there. Sometimes you have to designate and recode forcing win10 to be recognized.) From what I have been told is windows 10 uses the same kernel as win 7 as they wanted the upgrading process/ driver library to work better)

but some manufactures as the one on trial here... doesn't update or give a *** to give customers information in regards to that... because they want you to get a new system... (THAT STILL HAS WINDOWS 10 ISSUES WHEN IT SAYS IT'S COMPATABLE AND DESIGNED FOR WINDOWS 10!!! - Alienware 17 r2 (new from 2015)).

5 Posts

December 27th, 2015 13:00

Dell has started to decline slowly but surely since they bought Alienware, which seems really odd to be honest, but yeah, it woul seem like Dell / AW ONLY cares for money now-a-days, that's the picture I've drawn from this anyway.

January 22nd, 2016 17:00

Does that include lenovo's pre-installed root-kits & malware?

1 Message

May 8th, 2016 16:00

You're never gonna get my money anymore... it's completely unaccaptable that I cannot use windows 10 on such machine, just because you don't care...

Lost a good client forever if that doesn't change

No Events found!