Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2010 04:00

Auror Error During Start-up

I’m getting this whenever Windows starts, I run Windows 7 64bit, any idea what it is and how to resolve it?

2275.aurorathermal.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/U176mdtDg7dzxcWbrtq6Vg?feat=directlink

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 29th, 2010 06:00

What hardware changes did you make prior to the issue?

What software changes did you make prior to the issue?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 29th, 2010 14:00

Run BIOS F12 Diags on MIO-Board. If that passes, uninstall the old one and re-install the latest Command Center.

2.4K Posts

October 30th, 2010 00:00

Run BIOS F12 Diags on MIO-Board. If that passes, uninstall the old one and re-install the latest Command Center.

That only works if you still have the utility partition unless it can be booted from the resource cd.

BTW I went back to the AO6 CC lol. If im gonna have issues I might as well be able to see all my temp sensors

Edit: I just checked and it can be booted from the resouce CD. You can run it from the symptom tree or the customized test.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 30th, 2010 01:00

The user said "Aurora" in the post title, so the latest CC works fine in this model.

I was assuming the F12 Linux Diags partition was still in place. If not, they can download Diags from support.dell.com and run it from CD they create.

46 Posts

October 31st, 2010 08:00

No hardware changes. I think that Windows’s update might have caused the problem with the command centre. I already run latest version so I just did repair on command centre software and problem is gone.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 1st, 2010 08:00

Letting Windows Update load stuff automatically always causes issues. I have mine set for "Notify me but don't automatically download or install them". This way, I can see the files it wants to load.

No Events found!