Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 15th, 2016 05:00

Aurora-R3, Boot issue, Broken promises

At the time of purchase, I was promised many things. After the recording of the conversation had timed out, I was promised that I could always upgrade my computer with extra processors, newer chipsets, and that the new Alienware Driver and software site would always be kept up-to date. I spent $3000.00 of hard earned money and got a NEW computer that consistently failed to boot, it tool several times to get into the system. I had plenty of support and they always connected by giving me directions to allowing them to connect to my computer remotely to make adjustments. After about a week of this, the tech said" I am about feed up with this thing, let me speak to my Boss". He came back and said that if I would return the computer at their expense, they would replace it with a computer as good or better than the one I purchased, even told me what to expect as to the DDR3 RAM, the 2nd Generation i7 Intel Processor, and the 2t Hard Drive and 500 Gig SSD! I agreed! What I got in return for a new computer was a Factory Refurbished Aurora R3! The Driver and download page ran out in the typical three year period, and the computer has always had trouble starting. It will go through a memory dump then give you the option to start windows normally, which always works! I know it's the AMD Drivers, but I don't know enough to fix it  I have upgraded to 16 gig of ram at 1866GHz, all it will handle. Can any of you guys tell me what else they lied about, like the possibility of dual processors or upgrading the chipset? I know that Dell won't let the post go through because I tried it before, but it showed up on Google anyway, even after Dell blocked it!  If it gets through and gets posted, I would greatly appreciate any information as to where I stand. I recently bought my Wife a new laptop, but I went to HP and got an Envy 15 with better components than I have except for the SSD. I now have twin Intel 335 Series SSDs with 250 Gig each plus the old Seagate 500 Gig SSD that came with it and a 2TSeagate Hard Drive. Can it be upgraded and would it be worth the cost, or should I just EBay this and move on! PLEASE advise me! . Just lay it on me! No hard feelings, no crying to Dell, if a upgrade isn't feasible or possible, look for it on EBay! I am going to have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and Windows 10 Pro both X 64 OSs, and it is all working well with the exception of the boot trouble most of you guys could fix in a minute.ONE LAST THING- the last time I tried to reach the Tech Support, I was still under warranty, but they would not take my call! HA! I guess the laugh is on me for being so trusting!

Harmie Johnson

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 15th, 2016 07:00

I was promised that I could always upgrade my computer with extra processors, newer chipset.

* There is only one one CPU LGA 1155 socket, so how could you have "extra" CPUs?

6646.R3Motherboard.jpg

* There were five CPU offering so there was an upgrade path =
K24RV SandyBridge i5-2300 2.80GHz
80D59 SandyBridge i5-2400 3.10GHz
JG3R5 SandyBridge i5-2500K 3.30GHz
80H88 SandyBridge i7-2600 3.40GHz
PVXXH SandyBridge i7-2600K 3.40GHz

* The chipset is built into the motherboard so you cannot change it. The Intel Driver Update Utility can update it to the latest supported.

and that the new Alienware Driver and software site would always be kept up-to date.

* And it was for the operating system supported in 2011 when sold, Windows 7 =
AuroraR3.JPG

* You would upgrade the video card driver directly from the manufacturer (AMD).

I now have twin Intel 335 Series SSDs with 250 Gig each plus the old Seagate 500 Gig SSD that came with it and a 2TSeagate Hard Drive. Can it be upgraded?

* If those drives are SATA, there are two SATA 3.0 ports and four SATA 2.0 ports. So adding drives should not be a problem.

with the exception of the boot trouble

* The boot issue sounds like a Bios setting. Another R3 user will need to chime in on what setting may be causing it.

the last time I tried to reach the Tech Support, I was still under warranty, but they would not take my call.
* They should have taken the call. You could try email support.

No Events found!