Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2011 19:00

Aurora R3, Left Panel FX Blue

I have a new Aurora R3.  I can change the fx colors for all the other zones except for zone 3 (left panel).  The left panel always stays blue.

The instant I turn on the machine, the left panel is blue.  While all the other zones are not lit.  Then at the login screen, all the other zones light properly, except for the left panel which remains blue.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

I'm hesitant to reinstall CC, due to reading that more issues may arise by doing so.

2.4K Posts

Did you try to reinstall the command center yet? Try that and if nothing changes give Dell a call while its still under warranrty.

757 Posts

July 18th, 2011 06:00

When you say left panel are you refering to the computer as you face it from the front? (the panel that is opened from the latch on the top rear?)

If so, open the door and check the small metal contacts that receive the inputs for the zone lighting. They are easily damaged if the door is not removed and replaced carefully or the door once removed is placed onto another surface with the inside door making contact with another surface.

They have redesigned the plastic cover for those small metal pins but they are still vulnerable if care isn't taken.

3 Posts

July 18th, 2011 16:00

That's correct, the panel that can be removed.

I checked the pins and they look fine.

I also updated to the latest version of command center (2.6.17.0), no fix.

No Events found!