Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2011 08:00

Aurora R3 automatically boot at Midnight.

I couldn't see any mention of this issue here so I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem.  Had an issue with my new machine that I couldn't figure out for a few days as I'm new to these machines. Seems some of the machines are being shipped out with the bios power setting set to auto boot and even though it looks at first glance that the times are not set as they all say zero it appears that the system takes that as 00:00:00 and boots first tick after 12 am. I just disabled the setting and no more spooky boots at the whiching hour, :-)

322 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 10:00

My guess is whoever setup the original BIOS and saved it to the computer that programs all the new Aurora R3's during assemblly just overlooked it.  You would think maybe Chris would check into this as I can see people needlessly calling and tieing up tech support and tech support trying to figure out what is wrong and causing more problems than need be.  Come on Chris  pull some strings.

October 6th, 2011 19:00

i get this too lol, i had a R3 and a ALX and both booted up at 12 midnight, woke me up the first night thinking something crazy was going on, my computer lights both on strobe mode lol. Now both of my clocks are set ahead 3 hours so im normally up and it was a quick fix lol

No Events found!