Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

November 30th, 2012 06:00

Aurora R4 Triple monitor Geoforce 560Ti

Hi,

I currently have an Aurora R4 which has a nVidia 560Ti in it. It has no sound card. and no other cards apart from what came as install from Dell.

I currently run 2 monitors, but need to use a third. This is mainly for productivity usage - i.e. three separate screens.

I understand, despite the connections on the card, the 560Ti can only run 2 monitors at once. I would perhaps like the option of SLI for future use.

So, my question is, should I/can I get another 560Ti, or should I/can I get a different card?

Thanks in advance,

JJ

17 Posts

November 30th, 2012 09:00

Hi. Doesn't that repeat the same output to multiple monitors? I need to have 3 separate screen with different things on each.

Thanks,

JJ

348 Posts

Have you looked at port replicators ? accessories.euro.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

I have seen them used on machines with only on-board graphics, so I assume any discrete graphics would run way better.

I put the dell link here, as I can't for the life of me, remember the brand I've seen it was something like video2go, def had 2go in the name.

I'm not familiar with the Aurora, so I don't want to comment there, but figured this may help if and when you find out :)

17 Posts

Actually I can see that it does have an 'expanded mode' which does what I want. However it won't go as far as supporting 2 monitors running @ 1920x1200 resolution.

17 Posts

Sorry mean to say "*3* monitors running @ 1920 x 1200 resolution"

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

November 30th, 2012 12:00

Hello FlashJJ,

For the graphics cards to work properly on a dual configuration on SLI, you have to get the exact same graphics card that you have at the moment. If you require assistance during your purchase, PM me and I'll help you out.

Good luck :)

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

If you are located in the US or Canada, I can assist you with your purchase, we do sell graphics cards. I do need to your service tag to check and make sure that you will not have any issues if you want to add a secondary video card (please send it to me on a PM).

The graphics card that you have is an OEM, so if you purchase the secondary card from us too, you shouldn't have any problems since you would be purchasing an OEM Nvidia graphics card as well.

17 Posts

Thanks Natalia. I tried chatting to a dell sales rep but they said Dell "didn't sell graphics cards". Are you saying I can buy this from you? And will it fit into my Aurora r4? (with one 560TI and no sound card).

17 Posts

Natailia I'd also appreciate your view on this thread  that says its not possible to buy a match for the DELL OEM 560Ti:

en.community.dell.com/.../20054364.aspx

No Events found!