Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2012 17:00

Aurora R4 enters energy save mode while gaming

Hello,

I recieved my new Alienware Aurora R4 today and it seems that for some reason once i enter any game and the graphics card starts working more heavily (in the first 2 minutes of gameplay) my pc enters its "energy save mode" and it wont come out of it unless i manually restart it. As you can understand this is rather annoying. I searched the forums and the support troubleshooting sections but found nothing applying to my graphic card ( Dual Nvidia Gtx 555). Can someone enlighten me with a solution on this issue?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2012 18:00

Set your Windows-7 Power Profile to High-Performance. Be sure the change is reflected in AlienFusion.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2012 19:00

Thanks for the reply,High performance is what i've been using checked AlienFusion and it is also shown there

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2012 20:00

Disconnect everything from the Aurora except Dell supplied keyboard and mouse. If it still does it, I would call Dell for help. Something might have come lose in shipping and is broken.

Are you using an APC Battery? Good if you are but try removing USB interface.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 24th, 2012 08:00

czag,

* Power the system off
* Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the system
* Open the side cover and remove/reseat all cables, cords, cards, ram, just to make sure nothing came loose during shipping. Was anything loose?
* Replace the side cover
* Connect only the mouse, keyboard, speakers, and monitor to the system
* Those USB devices should be plugged into the system rear USB ports
* The PC power cord should be plugged directly into the wall socket (for now)
* Power the monitor on
* Power the PC on and test it

7 Posts

February 24th, 2012 17:00

I did some of those steps and nothing changed, contacted support and it seemed this was an issue of my graphics card overheating so they sent a technician over and replaced it. This issue didn't appear again, however after using the computer for a few hours blue screens started appearing and at the moment I am just waiting for instructions on what to do next... its rather frustrating thinking that this is a brand new machine but i suppose a solution will be found...

7 Posts

February 24th, 2012 18:00

should probably mention that the blue screen error message was "Bad_ Pool_ Header"

3 Posts

September 5th, 2012 13:00

im having the same trouble and i have the exact same graphics car i just recieved the comp and it keeps going into power save mode it takes the piss considering how much money we pay for it did u fix your problem in the end?

7 Posts

September 6th, 2012 07:00

after 10 days of figuring it out with the support team i had to swap my dual graphic cards for a single one and then I had no further issues, i suggest you call them in order to do some stress testing on your pc

3 Posts

September 6th, 2012 10:00

Bad spelling thats meant to say r u using just one gtx555 or something better and if it's just one did u get ur money back for getting the dual?

3 Posts

September 6th, 2012 10:00

So r u running just one gtx555 or wteva it's called or did they give u a better one of your just running one did they give u the extra money u page for the dual graphics card back?

7 Posts

September 9th, 2012 08:00

they gave me a better one with double the memory so i got the same memory as i would with dual

1 Message

October 30th, 2012 01:00

did you fix your computer, im having same problem with same system, any advice i took it back where i got it but it worked their but got it home and after 20mins playing a game it did it again.

No Events found!